Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Here are 10 tips for to keep your hair strong, smooth, shiny and beautiful!
1. Keep your diet balanced, and eat protein and calcium rich foods. Stay away from junk foods! This is essential for healthy hair.
2. Foods and supplements to nourish your hair:
* Vitamin B
* And of course, the magic potion for beauty - WATER
3. Before washing your hair, comb it well to make sure all knots has been loosened from your hair.
4. Before applying shampoo, use warm water (35 to 38 degrees Celsius) to run through your hair to rinse and wet it thoroughly.
5. When applying shampoo or conditioner, don't use your fingernails to scrape through your hair. Instead, use your palm and fingertips to massage your scalp and hair gently, in circular motions. This will help the circulation and also help to keep your hair shiny and smooth.
6. After rinsing away all the shampoo, run water over your hair for at least another half a minute (3 minutes is best) to ensure there are no remains of shampoo remaining in your hair, since this will cause a great deal of damage to your scalp.
7. When applying hair treatment products, do so just after you have washed your hair, so that your hair can absorb all the good stuff while it is half wet. This will be the best time for it to absorb nourishment.
8. NEVER go to bed with your hair wet! Hair that is half wet is most easily broken, and if you sleep during this time, your hair will be rubbing against each other, damaging your hair in the most terrible way.
9. Too much pressure may lead to hair loss! Relax... try some good relaxation methods such as soaking in a nice scented bath, listening to music, and eating healthy comfort foods such as strawberries and grapes.
10. Perming and coloring seriously damages your hair. Avoid it as much as possible. Also, when using hair setting products such as gel or putty, use as little as possible, because they hurt your scalp and hair. Wash them out thoroughly afterwards with a shampoo specially created for removing styling products
If you want hair to grow faster or more healthy, you have to take supplements that work on your body chemistry to support hair's growth and strength at its genesis.....once it has grown out, it is just dead keratin
Try GNC, they make a supplement called " Ultra Nourishair" in formulas for men and women..they are HUGE pills and you have to take 2 daily. There is also a "Hair skin and nails" formula from Andrew Lessman that you can google, that has great ingredients and is easier to swallow, made by ProCaps labs. You can also take large doses of Biotin, sometimes called Vitamin H, take no less than 2500 micrograms daily to support healthy hair growth. It may take 6 to 8 weeks to see results.
have taken the GNC pills for 4 months and supplemented them with extra Biotin because they only have 1200 mcg of Biotin and you should try for a minimum of 2500 micrograms.
I am switching to Procaps labs capsules when I run out of the GNC because Procaps formula has more Biotin in a more pure form with more of the trace elements that support healthy hair growth.
I take about 5000 micrograms which equals 5 milligrams of Biotin daily and my hair is growing fast and thick and dark.
- Asker's Rating:
- Asker's Comment:
- thanks for your information