Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Gujarati Tuvar Dal Recipe
Gujarati Tuvar Dal is tangy and sweet Gujarati recipe.
1 Cup split red gram
• 1 Tomato chopped finely
• 2 tbsp Oil
• 4 Cups water
• 1 tsp Mustard seeds
• 1 tsp Cumin seeds
• 1 tbsp Finely chopped ginger
• 2 Green chillies slit
• 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp Lemon juice
• Jaggery and salt to taste
• 4 Curry leaves
How to make Gujarati Tuvar Dal:
• Soak the split tuvar dal in water for about an hour.
• Combine turmeric powder, salt and a drop of oil to the gram along with the water in which it was soaked.
• Heat over medium flame until it comes to a boil.
• Now reduce the heat and cook it for 20 minutes, until the gram is fully cooked.
• Heat oil and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and then asafoetida.
• Fry over medium heat for about 2 minutes till the seeds splutter.
• Mix this with the cooked red gram and let it come to a simmer.
• Add rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.