Lv 2683 points


Favourite answers4%
  • what are the temperatures t1 and t2?

    Each layer A, B, and C has the same thickness, but a different thermal conductivity. Heat flows through the slab, and the temperatures are as shown





    ....;_______ ;_______;_______;





    ....;_______ ;_______;_______;

    ^(Drawing II)^

    What are the temperatures at T1 and T2 in Drawing II where the layers are arranged in a different order?

    1 AnswerPhysics9 years ago
  • What is the daily cost of operating the humidifier?

    A household humidifier continuously takes water in at 20.0 Co at a rate of 5.60x10^-5 kg/s and heats until it evaporates. If the cost of electricity is $0.14/kWh, what is the daily cost of ooperating the humidifier? Note: one kWh= 3.60x10^6 J; and for water, the specific heat capacity is 4186 J/(kg*Co) the latent heats of fusion and vaporization are 3.35x10^5J/kg and 2.26x10^6 J/kg, respectively. the answer is $0.49 but I can't seem to get that

    My attempt at a solution:

    Q=mL= (5.610^-5 kg)(2.26x10^6 J/kg)= 1.30x10^2 J/s

    (1.3x10^2J/s) x (86400s/ day) = 11232000 J/day


    ------------------------ = 3.12 kWh/ day

    (3.6x10^6 J/ kWh)

    so at $0.14/ kWh, cost= (3.12kWh/day)($0.14/kWh)= $0.44/day

    1 AnswerPhysics9 years ago
  • How should he prove his case?

    I have been talking to someone online for a while and I want him to get his visitor's visa so he can come here and meet with my family and I before we decide on whether or not we get married. Of course I'm Muslim so I don't want to just travel to him alone so he will HAVE to come here because my father has his child support holding his passport back. I guess what I want to know is A. Should I get a lawyer? (I know lawyers charge a lot of fees but he can do a lot himself) and B. How would he prove his case if I don't get a lawyer?

    3 AnswersImmigration10 years ago
  • How far into Mexico can I travel without needing a passport?

    I have been talking to someone for a while now and I want to visit him. The only problem is that he's in Mexico. He can't pass the American border and I can't go to him without my father, who owes back child support and cannot get a passport. I don't even want to do anything but just let them talk for a while. I don't know what to do. I figured maybe I can just got like 2 miles past the boarder or so and just do it like that. Please help for the love of love! :(

    5 AnswersOther - Mexico10 years ago
  • This is due soon. Please help?

    1) The lower edge of a movie theater screen 30 feet high is 6

    feet above an observer’s eye. How far from the screen should

    the observer sit to obtain the most favorable view? Namely,

    what distance from the screen maximizes the visual angle

    of the observer?

    2)The Hot wheels Rent-A-Car Company derives an average

    net profit of $12 per customer if it services 50 customers or

    less. If it services more than 50 customers, then the average

    net profit is decreased by 6 cents for each customer over 50.

    What number of customers produces the greatest total net

    profit for the company?

    3 AnswersMathematics1 decade ago
  • I know you guys are tired of me asking this question but. . . ?

    I am in high school now and I don't know what to do. I am about to hopefully go to college. Unfortunately, I don't know what to expect other than my current dilemma. I get very awkward around people in general and I am only asking this because I want to make sure I am going about this the right way. I am seeing a counselor right now and have an appointment with a new psychiatrist. I have a history in my family of depression and bi-polar disorders. I just am wondering if going to the psychiatrist is the right thing. I have had crying spells and sometimes, I do feel like I want to kill myself and would probably do it if I wouldn't go straight to hell for it. I have been diagnosed with moderate anxiety by my counselor and I am just hoping that I am not just like this and that there is hope for me. People talk about me at school and it makes me want to jump off of a bridge every time. I can't sit next to anyone, I can't look them in the eye. I have an eye spasm I was diagnosed with by my eye doctor and it is definitely due to stress because I don't feel it when I am alone. I can't sit next to anyone because every time I do, I get scared that they think I am looking at them. I don't think I have a lazy eye because I have had a routine checkup and they didn't find anything wrong. My family is very concerned about me and I am too. I can't even be comfortable around them. I am doomed to a basically alone existence.

    Basically, I just need someone who has had experience with depression and anxiety to reassure me that it is possible for my life to change.

    8 AnswersPsychology1 decade ago
  • what is with my face?

    I have these bumps on my nose and it is really apparent when i get hot. My nose gets really oily when it is hot. I have seen so many products but they only do pimples and black heads. These bumps are my skin color. I don't even know where to begin.

    7 AnswersOther - Skin & Body1 decade ago
  • What is peoples' problems?

    I sometimes am looking at a teacher while i am at the back of the class and someone in front of me thinks i am staring at them. I will be on a bus and looking out the window and the person in front of me or even behind me thinks i am staring at them. I could be sitting at a lab table and try to look at the teacher at the end and the person next to me thinks I am staring at them. I therefore have come to the conclusion that it has to be my fault because this happens everywhere I go. If no one can help me, I understand. I guess I just don't know what to do with myself.


    6 AnswersEtiquette1 decade ago
  • yahoo answers questions?

    I asked a question on here and I am worried that my very snoopy mother might find it. It is very personal and I just one of you to delete it for me. It is about GLBTs and she doesn't know I have doubts yet. I don't think my question would benefit anyone so please just get rid of it.

    2 AnswersYahoo Answers1 decade ago
  • I am sick?

    I can't stand gay people and I even talk about them a lot and mean it. Yet, I seem to bee attracted to the same gender. I even come sometimes to the picture of an attractive person of the same gender but only if they are scandalously dressed. I can't imagine my life with a person of the same gender, nor do I want any physical contact. My problem is just getting turned on by them. However, people of the opposite gender do not necessarily turn me on as easily. However, I have been able to always picture myself with them and know why and when I fantasize about them, they do turn me on. I HATE gays with every essence of my being and would probably die if I was one of them. My life has been in shambles over this and I don't know what to do.

  • Am I staring or what?

    I am not in love with anyone and yet everyone seems to think I am in love with them. Even my family. I know, grosss. I sometimes may look like I am staring at somebody who is sitting in the same direction that my eyes are concentrating on. Like the computer or when I am reading a book with someone right next to me. I don't think there is anything wrong with me but everybody is seeing this.

    Please Help

    2 AnswersPsychology1 decade ago
  • How do I seem differently than I am?

    Okay, so there's this boy I like and he used to like me until her heard this rumor about me that I am gay. The thing is I don't think I'm gay but my actions seem to show differently. I have never had the desire to ask a girl out, kiss a girl, or anything like that. My problem is that I sometimes look at girls in a way that would make me look gay. Also, I want to know how to look in a girl's direction without her thinking I'm looking at her because that is another main problem I need to fix. I may be looking at the teacher in class or reading a book and the person in front of me or next to me thinks I'm looking at them.Where should I look when that happens?

    3 AnswersOther - Family & Relationships1 decade ago
  • Can anyon help me with a social problem?

    There is a roomer being spread around school about me that I am gay. The problem is that there is no way for anyone to think otherwise because I go to an overlycrowded school and it seems like I always get seated next to a girl and she may think I am looking at her but I'm actually doing my work and I think I have tried everything to make it seem more like I'm not looking at her but the more I try not to, the weirder I act because I notice her out of the corner of my eye trying to see if I am looking at her.

    12 AnswersFriends1 decade ago
  • "put my mp3 player on a cd"?

    i have an ipod and i want to know how to put songs directlt from it onto a cd. my songs aren't in a library. are there any programs?

    1 AnswerMusic & Music Players1 decade ago
  • i think i have a disorder?

    a lot of times when i blink, i sort of only blink from one eye and so it looks a little like a wink. Also, it usually happens under pressure.

    if there are any exercises that i can do to stop this, please give me a lot of details.

    5 AnswersMental Health1 decade ago
  • Suppose I ave a flat screen television mouted on the wall.?

    What would be the best way to conceal the power cords that are so obviously an eyesore?

    6 AnswersTVs1 decade ago