I've read a lot of comments around this question, most I didn't like (I few I did) and so I wanted to post to share my views and get more deeper thoughts. Let’s start with Truths:
1. Yes, I think it is mainly Black women. I am a Black woman and I like Thugs. Black women are the strongest race genetically and mentally - and we deal with the most B.S. of anyone. Not only with racism but bad misconceptions from all races, including our own. Like any other race, BW are mostly initially attracted to BM. So we already have a predisposition of being attracted to the strongest Men. Plus, men of other races don't approach us and in return we have no desire for them, either.
2. Black women like strong men. A strong man will protect you. If I'm out with my man, dressed fly with my curvy body, I don't want my man to be intimidated. If someone disrespects me, I expect him to step up to plate. If someone is rude, or says or does something out of the way. Strong men aren't afraid to express their opinions- even to me. I don't want a man who will let me get away with any foolishness.
3. Thugs are passionate. I want to be chased. If a guy wants me, he should be confident enough to approach me, and his words should express confidence. I don't want a shy guy waiting for me to make a move or express interest. A real thug can get any girl to like him, he is persistent. If I don't call him back, a thug will continue to call, not just shy off like oh well she got busy.
1. All Thugs are criminals. I'm not mad at someone who had to do what they had to do to get paper. Blacks have ways to get money, but not as many as Whites. Whites have been getting money in more ways than Blacks for hundreds of years. Whites have jobs we don't even consider- Investment Broker, Corporate Acquisitions, and some jobs they can just create for themselves. Whites are not used to seeing Blacks in every single role. I'm not mad at someone who has enough balls to break the law. All laws aren't right, and all police aren't just.
2. Women who like Thugs have low self-esteem. Not true. I have a lot of confidence and self esteem. I won't go for anyone treating me bad. But the Thugs I like are a different type. They are type that put their woman on a pedestal. Not just any woman, that's what makes it special. Those Thugs who like the intelligent, business women, like myself. It’s the perfect yin-yang. After dealing with the politics in white-run corporate America, kissing their ***, and following the status quo it’s nice to deal with someone who doesn't follow those rules, makes their own way, and doesn't answer to someone. I'm still going to do my thing, but I like the access to the other side of life.
3. Women want to change a Thug. Not necessarily, in all ways. Obviously some things we like about them we don’t want to change. What is it for me? Getting a thug to fall madly in love you. A thug has had many experiences with many women. Probably due to his money and swag. He’s been around a lot of bad bi**** who are hustlers and may be stronger than the average. So a women has to be the best of both. A real thug will hold his woman above all others. He loves hard. It is a challenge to get him to fall in love, but if one can accomplish yes it is an ego boost when others have failed.
I've gone out with nice guys. Nice guys are too shy to make a move. The relationship didn't go anywhere cause I didn't call and they just gave up. I want a man that is passionate about me. I want a man to be a little jealous and protective of me when we go out. Not one who lets a man approach, stare, and doesn't say a word, just ignores it. I want a man to feel he deserves me, that he is bringing xyz to the table, and I am that "special" woman who fits his criteria. I don't want a man that lets me run over him. Women can be emotional and irrational. A man needs to step up to the plate and check a woman when necessary.