Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 1 decade ago

What ares the most common customs held on wedding night for the couple?

What are the steps to be followed leading to a full suhaag-raat-in case of arranged married couples, as they are starangers till marraige.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Mine was an arranged marriage, but we werent' strangers to each other till we got married. We were allowed to choose each other. Later, we were allowed to knoiw eacfh other, understand each other. By the time we got married, we were best friends.

About the customs, India is a home to hundreds of cultural heritages. Each culture has it's own customs. It's commonly believed that the 'suhaag raat' means plain sex. But trust me friend, a hell lot of couples utlize this time differently. Instead of going for sex (specially after a tiresome day), they prepare themsleves to create a comfortable zone among themselves.

All the best...

:-)

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 3 years ago

Wedding Night Customs

• 1 decade ago

I don't think they'll go there straight to where it should lead. I think they will have a good night sleep after all its a long day and tiring. Next they'll talk and learn about each other first, get comfortable with each other and then eveything will follow. But each one should not expect these and that, they are total stranger so expect the unexpected so that when good things came out you'll be glad and if something not so good you'll half sorry cause you really don't expect anything.After getting used to, then they can act like they just got married, carry the bride and shower each one with love. Happy wedding!

God Bless You!

• 4 years ago

R&S weddings are so lovely...but won't the monkeys be jealous they didn't get an invite? maybe it should be a private affair? or over in the marriage and divorce section? wherever it is, let me know where to send that replacement lamp **cough** to cassie and ethan

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

some things are not to be asked and some moments are not pre-assumed,, so be cool and don't get excited in any place, just try to know as much as you can abt your partner and let her know abt you.... And every thing continous as per procedure,, and further some other reasons take advices from seniors or friends in live coversation

Source(s): exp
  • 1 decade ago

Do whatever your mind says on the weeding night(suhaag raat) like chatting, knowing more about your partner then involve in the sex act.....and your next day morning should bring you all happiness & LOVE with the morning sun light and should stay like that, your entire married life...........

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

sit down and talk about the day you have just had... hold hands look into each others eyes. take a nice walk, relax and enjoy. you will both be in the same situation, so take it slow and enjoy the feeling of a new life together.

good luck.

• 1 decade ago

I'd suggest 2 alka-seltzer.

• eric l
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Consummation!

• 1 decade ago

no idea don't do it then maybe you'll know each other better

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.