Why will you agree with South African captain about Sachin Tendulkars performance in the first cricket test?

South African cricket captain suggests that Sachin was playing for records and did not care for the fact that his team lost by an innings. Quoting from cricinfo: And two questions later, when Smith was asked to rate Tendulkar's century, he let rip. "It gets difficult," Smith said. "The guy has... show more South African cricket captain suggests that Sachin was playing for records and did not care for the fact that his team lost by an innings. Quoting from cricinfo:

And two questions later, when Smith was asked to rate Tendulkar's century, he let rip. "It gets difficult," Smith said. "The guy has scored 50 Test hundreds, it's hard to rate. He started scoring Test hundreds probably before I can remember. Under pressure, being able to score runs is always a good feather in your cap. [However] I must be honest I was a bit surprised he made life so easy for us this morning. That did surprise me a little bit. But otherwise, yesterday his partnership with MS Dhoni was [good] … I think MS probably needs some credit for that also because if he didn't hang around, Sachin probably wouldn't have got his 50th. That partnership in general was the one time that they really stood up in the game."

1. Do you agree with his point of view? and do you feel that his performance today severely dampens his remarkable achievement yesterday?

2. Why do you think that the South African cricket legend Kallis did not congratulate Tendulkar?

3. Do you feel sad as cricket lovers that Sachins rare achievement and reputation was tarnished the very next day by reputed South African players?

Source: http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa...