1) According to Hindu mythology, Kerala was created by Lord Parasurama, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu by throwing his axe across the sea to create new land for his devotees to live peacefully. So, Kerala is God's own creation, hence it is called God's own country.
2) Every nook and corner in Kerala you will see Hindu temples, Muslim mosques and Christian Churches; and unlike many other parts of India, people live happily without communal riots and great religious tolerance.
3) Nestled between the pristine waters of the Arabian sea on the west and the lush Western Ghats mountains on the east, its intense network of rivers and lagoons, thick forests, exotic wildlife, tranquil stretches of emerald backwaters and a long shoreline of serene beaches make it a traveler's paradise.
4) The keralites are good masters of hospitality too. Naturally, the visitors feel very comfortable when they land on this soil.
5) Another factor for calling Kerala as God’s own country is that, it doesn’t have an extreme climate as compared to its neighboring states of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
6) The Kerala society has a neat track on health and hygienic awareness.
7) Kerala is a developing state with lots of industries, airports, malls, multi-specialty hospitals and a lot of other things.
8) The state has a literacy rate of 94.59 percent,also the highest in India.
9) A survey conducted in 2005 by Transparency International ranked Kerala as the least corrupt state in the country.
10) Kerala is a part of India not a separate country, The term referring Kerala as “ God’ own country’ meaning green areas, mountain views, fields, streams, etc The serenity and divinity of Kerala has brought divine from the heavens on the ground and made it dance in eternal bliss with the locals.