wath does statistical mean?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

    Statistical:

    Of, relating to, or employing statistics or the principles of statistics.

    The word statistics is also the plural of statistic (singular), which refers to the result of applying a statistical algorithm to a set of data.

  • inatuk
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    A collection and study of numerical data. (Statistics is a mathematical science pertaining to collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data. It is applicable to a wide variety of academic disciplines from the physical and social sciences to the humanities, as well as to business, government, medicine and industry.

    Statistical methods can be used to summarize or describe a collection of data; this is called descriptive statistics. In addition, patterns in the data may be modeled, in a way that accounts for randomness and uncertainty in the observations, to draw inferences about the process or population being studied; this is called inferential statistics. Both descriptive and inferential statistics can be considered part of applied statistics. The discipline of mathematical statistics is concerned with the theoretical basis of the subject.

    Source(s): www.wikipedia.org
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    "Statistical" means an assessment of outcome based on comparative chance. For instance, if you put 10 black marbles and 90 white marbles in a black bag, and you take one out without looking while you are doing it, there is no way to predict what color the marble will be, but you can make a statistical prediction; Since there are a hundred marbles altogether, 10 black & 90 white, when you take one out at random you have a 10-in-one hundred chance it will be black (or 10% chance) and a 90-in-one-hundred chance it will be white (or 90% chance).

    While statistics cannot predict the future with certainty, it can very much help in making sensible assessments of likely outcomes.

    Good luck!

  • 1 decade ago

    Based on statistics...

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    The mathematics of the collection, organization, and interpretation of numerical data, especially the analysis of population characteristics by inference from sampling

  • 1 decade ago

    in general it means that it has been polled and the statistics are the result

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    of, relating to or employing statistics or the principles of statistics ...... dictionary.com

  • 1 decade ago

    With lots of numbers.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Ever hear of a dictionary?

    Source(s): www.dictionary.com www.m-w.com
  • 1 decade ago

    it means READ A BOOK!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.