Ex boyfriend wants to be friends but acts weird & I just got scary news that I thought of sharing with him?

My boyfriend of 3 months and I broke up 3 weeks ago. He said he wanted to remain friends (we broke up due to religous differences), and he still calls me from time to time. I found out that one day after he broke up with me, he joined online dating sites, which hurt me. He removed all of my comments and pictures... show more My boyfriend of 3 months and I broke up 3 weeks ago. He said he wanted to remain friends (we broke up due to religous differences), and he still calls me from time to time. I found out that one day after he broke up with me, he joined online dating sites, which hurt me. He removed all of my comments and pictures from his myspace account, but left comments and pictures up of his ex girlfriends prior to me. He says he still wants to be friends and was upset when I had a date last week. I do not know what to do. I received some bad news today that I have to undergo further testing to see if I have breast cancer. I want to tell my ex, but feel that he has shown he does not really care because he still makes comments on his other ex's myspace accounts but not mine. he always says he misses me when he calls and is mad that I cannot talk to him daily like we did when we were dating. Any advice?
Update: Actually we are both in our late twenties. He is a computer engineer so for him the computer is his way to communicate. It is just a scary time in my life that is all. I know it is dumb, but I was hurt when he has removed me from his life in spite of the fact that he wishes to be friends. He calls every week to... show more Actually we are both in our late twenties. He is a computer engineer so for him the computer is his way to communicate. It is just a scary time in my life that is all. I know it is dumb, but I was hurt when he has removed me from his life in spite of the fact that he wishes to be friends. He calls every week to see how I am doing and seems upset that I am out dating and he is not. He actually asked if he could stay at my place when he comes down to Houston for a football game... he lives in Dallas; I said I did not think that would be wise. I recently moved to Houston about a month ago.