Evolution and God are not mutually exclusive but Evolution and the Bible is...?

Yes, Christians as much as it pains you, humans and apes share a common ancestor...and before someone asks for the millionth time " If we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?" please re-read my first sentence and figure it out. Now, I think we can reconcile the idea that there might someone... show more Yes, Christians as much as it pains you, humans and apes share a common ancestor...and before someone asks for the millionth time " If we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?" please re-read my first sentence and figure it out.
Now, I think we can reconcile the idea that there might someone (or something) behind beings, humans and not, evolving and becoming what they are....but pretty much impossible to say that the Bible and Evolution can include the other...well by the simple fact that they completely contradict each other!
So, what's god without the Bible ( or any holy book)?