What is lacking in our present education system and how can we make sustainable changes to correct it?

A good education system is fundamental to a nation that wants to be economically and otherwise independent. In my view, India still has a long way to go to reach this goal. As a student, I’ve seen many improvements in our school curriculum.Through the years, I have seen the National Council for Educational... show more A good education system is fundamental to a nation that wants to be economically and otherwise independent. In my view, India still has a long way to go to reach this goal.

As a student, I’ve seen many improvements in our school curriculum.Through the years, I have seen the National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT) try to provide "balanced textbooks" and helpful supplementary texts. Yet problems like emphasis on memorizing certain paragraphs from books and evaluation on the basis of "bookish knowledge" still persist.

These dilemmas need to be amended with the help of educators, parents, and teachers. What can be done to alleviate the crisis?
Update: I have resolved this question, closed the thread and still I am getting answers. I think it is a glitch. Please do not answer.
736 answers