What are some tips to sleep through the night and get up early?

I can't seem to sleep through the entire night, especially when I have something to do in the morning, because I get excited thinking about it and then can't fall asleep. When I finally manage to fall asleep, I wake up about three times in the night. By the time morning comes around, I have a LOT of... show more I can't seem to sleep through the entire night, especially when I have something to do in the morning, because I get excited thinking about it and then can't fall asleep.

When I finally manage to fall asleep, I wake up about three times in the night.

By the time morning comes around, I have a LOT of trouble waking up. I mean, a lot. I can even end up sleeping through my alarm. Then, I'm tired all day. Like, really tired. To the point of being almost incoherent and falling asleep.

I managed to deal with this all throughout high school, but I'm starting a new job, and I don't want to be disgustingly tired all day. What should I do? Coffee doesn't seem to have any effect on me, so I usually don't bother drinking it, unless someone else offers me some.