Can u tell me the 10 names of Arjun in the Mahabharata. I remember only 8.?
Arjun is also included. 10 points to the person who can giv be maximum correct names.
- 1 decade agoFavourite answer
Arjun's ten Names
Arjun said to Uttar - "My ten names are - Arjun, Phaalgun, Jishnu, Keeriti, Shwetvaahan, Vibhatsu, Vijaya, Paarth, Savyashachee and Dhananjaya.
(1) Arjun - My complexion is unique like Arjun tree, and my name is stainless, that is why I am named as Arjun.
(2) Phaalgun - I was born on the slopes of Himvaan in a place called Satsring on a day when the star Uttaraa Phaalgunee was in ascent, that is why my name is Phaalgun.
(3) Jishnu - I am called Jishnu because because I am terrible when I am angry.
(4) Keeriti - My father Indra gave me a beautiful crown when I was with Him, that is why I am called Keeriti.
(5) Shwetvaahan - My horses which were given to me by Agni Dev are white, that is why I am called Shwetvaahan too.
(6) Vibhatsu - I have never fought by unfair means in any battle that is why I am called Vibhatsu.
(7) Vijaya - I always fight till end and I always win, that is why I am called Vijaya.
(8) Paarth - My mother's original name is Prithaa, so I am also called Paarth.
(9) Savyashachee - I never frighten my enemies by meanness, I can shoot with my both hands, thats why I am called Savyashachee.
(10) Dhananjaya - I was called Dhanajaya when I conquered all the kings at the time of Raajsooya Yagya and collected wealth from all of them.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
18 of them:-
- Anonymous5 years ago
1 i am a mom 2 i am a wife 3 i have brown hair 4 i have straight teeth and have never had braces 5 i have blue eyes 6 i have a bump on my nose cause i broke it once 7 i want more kids 8 i love pearl jam 9 i don't eat breakfast 10 i love to cook 11 i love to bake 12 i just lost 8 pounds 13 i am wearing a black shirt 14 i am at home 15 i am bored 16 i cooked french toast this morning for the kids 17 i made potato soup for lunch 18 i have only 40 bucks to my name right now 19 i need to buy a backpack cause my oldest starts preschool tommarrow 20 i drive a jeep 21 i love my jeep 22 i clean all the time 23 i am a stay at home mom 24 i used to play basketball 25 i ran track in school 26 i used to own a red truck 27 i used to own a blue truck 28 i love the movie garden state 29 i sent zach braff a message on myspace 30 i have other things i should be doing right now
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- 5 years ago
When Pandavas are returning from forest, Arjuna brings Uttara to Sami tree for weapons. In order to rescue cows stolen from Dhuryodhana and Karna, Arjuna says to bring down weapons from the tree. During that period of time when son Uttara was afraid of the incident, Arjuna says his 10 names and clears his fear. His 10 names are Arjuna , Phalguna, Pardha, Kiriti, Swethavahana, Bhebatsa, Vijaya, Krishna (named by pandavas), Savyasachi and Dhanunjaya. It is said if we utter any two names of Arjuna we will be freed from fear.
- 1 decade ago
Other Names of Arjuna
Partha (son of Pritha, another name for Kunti).
Jishnu (the Irrepressible)
Kiriti (Shining Diadem, which was gifted by Indra)
Shwethavahana (one of Shining Steeds)
Bheebhatsu (the Fair Fighter)
Vijaya (the Victorious)
Phalguna (one born under the asterism "Uttara Phalguna")
Savyasachi (one capable of working a bow with either hand)
Dhananjaya (winner of Great Wealth)
Gandeevi (the owner of Gandeeva, his bow)
Krishna (the dark-skinned one, named by Pandu out of his admiration of Krishna)
Kapidhwaja (With the Monkey banner) as Hanuman sat on his banner. It is mentioned that his banner was of a monkey even before the great war.
Gudakesha (conqueror of sleep, given in childhood itself, after he started practising archery skills in the dead of night)Source(s): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arjuna
- Anonymous1 decade ago
arjuna , phalguna , partha, kireeti, shwetavahana, bheebhatsu, vijaya, jishnu, savyasachi, dhananjaya.( these r his official 10 names ) because there is a mantra which says these 10 names.
- 6 years ago
1000 porayikalumai ore samayam yudham cheyaan kazhiyunnavan
- 1 decade ago
MAHABAHU[ARJUN: has long hands]
PARANTAP[THOSE who hard worker in tap/meditation]