Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMathematics · 1 decade ago

Can u tell me 100 english words without the 4 letters 'ABCD' ?

I want some tricky answers

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Take the english words from 1 to 99 . i.e.,

1- one

2-two

99-ninetynine

Take the 100 th word - " stop"

These words have no letters from " ABCD"

Check it !

ok ?

• pynes
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Abcd Letters

• 1 decade ago

I have a sneaky way to get a lot.

In Linux or Unix, there's a dictionary file with one word per line. You can use the "grep" command with regular expressions like this:

grep -v '[a-d|A-D]' /usr/dict/words

This means show all words in the dictionary that do not contain a, b, c, or d, either lower-case or capitalized.

Leaving out the words that start with numbers (like 1st), and the proper nouns (names of persons and places), the first 100 are as follows. If you want me to send you the full list, email me.

e

eel

e'er

eerie

eerily

efferent

effete

effluent

effluvium

effort

effusion

effusive

eft

e.g

egg

eggshell

ego

egotism

egotist

egregious

egress

egret

eh

eight

eighteen

eighteenth

eighth

eightieth

eighty

einsteinium

either

eke

el

elegy

element

eleven

eleventh

elfin

elision

elite

elk

ell

ellipse

ellipsis

ellipsometer

elm

elope

eloquent

else

elsewhere

elusive

elute

elution

elves

em

emerge

emergent

emeriti

emeritus

eminent

emission

emissivity

emit

emitter

emitting

emolument

emotion

emperor

empire

employ

employee

employer

employing

emporium

empower

empress

empty

emulsify

emulsion

en

enemy

energy

engine

engineer

enliven

enmity

enol

enormity

enormous

enough

enquire

enquiry

enrollee

enter

enterprise

entire

entirety

entity

entomology

entrepreneur

• 1 decade ago

Time, Love, Help, Kite, Quit, Spit, Feet, Foot, Hope, Ruin, Tune, True, Pimp,Pulp,Gulp,Glue, Hunt, Sunk,Junk, Mule, Fool,Tool,Pool,Tone,Pump,Rump,Hump,Jump,Nuke,Puke, Pipe, Hype, Zing, Ring, Sing, Vote, Home, Hymn, Girl, Grip, Noon, Soon, Tile, File, Pile, Pill, Sill, Till, Tile, Ripe, Ring, Root, Ship, Shut, Sign, Jinx, Mink, Pink, Sink, Rink, Kiln, Kilt, King, Wing, Plug, Pity, Whip, Week, Wire, Tire, Type, Wilt, Silt, Tilt, Weep, Felt, Shim, whim, Well, spar, Trip, Fish, Wish, Mist, West, Vest, Wore, Hull, Fire, Hire, Hype, Yule, Myth, Noel, Lute, Just, Lust, must, Rust, with, Full,

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Here are 100 such words, that also don't include the letter "e" either, each over 10 letters long, and excluding words that end in "ly" (as they tend to make rather redundant-looking words):

flourishing, folksinging, formfitting, furnishings, futurologist, ghostwriting, glutinosity, histologist, homophonous, ignominious, illusionism, illusionist, illustrious, immunologist, importunity, impulsivity, inopportunity, Inquisition, inquisition, institution, intromission, isomorphism, isomorphous, Mississippi, mistrustful, monologuist, monstrosity, moonlighting, morphologist, Moussorgsky, multiformity, mushrooming, mythologist, nonhomologous, nonillionth, nonionizing, nonpoisonous, nonpolluting, nonstriking, nonsupporting, nonthinking, nutritionist, oligopolist, opportunism, opportunist, opportunity, ornithologist, ornithology, philistinish, philistinism, philogynist, philologist, phonologist, phosphorous, photofinishing, phototropism, physiognomy, physiologist, pointillism, pointillist, poltroonish, polyglotism, polyphonous, primitivism, primitivist, primitivity, propinquity, proportions, proposition, prostitution, provostship, quintillion, quintillionth, shinsplints, shoplifting, skirmishing, soliloquist, sponsorship, sportswriting, stultifying, sumptuosity, supposition, suppositious, suppository, thoroughgoing, tightfitting, tonsillitis, trinitrotoluol, trustworthy, unforgiving, uninspiring, unpromising, unpropitious, unshrinking, unsurprising, unthoughtful, untrustworthy, whippoorwill, xylophonist, zoomorphism

Source(s): Ran a single-command line in Perl against a dictionary file: perl -nle "print if $_ !~ /[a-e]/i && substr($_, -2) !~ /ly/ && length > 10" "C:\dict.txt"
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

I´m gonna take this joke shake the dust of it, wash and iron it, clean it up to enable it to hob nob with a few better jokes and then resubmit it every hour for the next year. That way I´ll get hundreds of stars just to stop it appearing. Tell you what I´ll give you a star to save me all that trouble. .....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Surely. However, is it worth my time? No.

^^

Above is 8 words. Now pick up the dictionary, open it at E and start pulling out the words you need.

• 1 decade ago

There are lots of words without "ABCD" in them, but it would take to long to list them.

• 1 decade ago

"100 english string of letters" XD

"string of letters"=words

• 1 decade ago

soon

peeps

people

mom

mommy

yes

no

poop

hole

h3ll

$hit

hit

ow

fool

super

lego

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.