Why does my computer restart without warning when im playing games?

now, with ALL of my games, it just randomly restarts without warning?! :( could someone PLEEZE help? :D

Favorite Answer

It sounds like you have some kind of an infection or spyware....You should run a complete scan.

I think your processor is overheating. In the BIOS you can select a temperature that makes your computer restart I have mine set for 60 degrees celcius. To get into your BIOS for most computers you press the Del button when you first start your computer as soon as something pops up on the screen. Also maybe your heatsink or fan on your CPU may need to be cleaned of all the dust that collects on it.

Usually when that happens it means your computer has decided to restart due to an error. If you visit the website of the makers of the game they would be able to advise you and send an email with step by step instructions you can try. I have done this many times and its usually changing the settings for acceleration in the display propertys>settings>advanced section.

Source(s): Past experience

It could be your power supply is not strong enough or going bad. It could also be memory (RAM) errors or not enough RAM. It could also be your video card doesn't have enough video memory to handle the games.

Make sure your computer exceeds the minimum requirements for the games you're playing & make sure you close other programs so you free up some RAM for the games.

There's really no way for anyone to know because you don't give any specifics about what your hardware is or what games you're playing.

this is due to the fact that u have 2 many things running which results in ure computer overheating.

if u go to Run then type in 'msconfig', and then a dialogue box should appear, which tells u all the programs that are running on ure computer and some u probably dont know about. untick the ones u think that are unnessery. this should prevent restarting.

It might be a virus. I know some computers that constanly restart when there's a virus. Run a virus program to see if your computer is infected and needs a vaccine.

• didden

Tony is nice. Its possibly overheating through fact video games deplete alot of ram and reason the pc to artwork greater stable so once you play it overheats and shuts itself to ward off injury to the pc. you need to scrub the airborne dirt and dirt and airborne dirt and airborne dirt and dirt from the vents so the warmth circulates out of the pc

yourr playing the gamess for too long either the games are to strong for your computer are your just burning up your cpu... these games probably are overloading you cpu with operations so it just restarts..

Could be a problem with your drivers, check you have the latest ones for your sound and graphics cards...

i came into dis world as a reject look in to these eyes then u see the size of da flames. dwellin on da past, its burnin up my brain, everyone dat burns has to learn from da pain...Hey! i think about da days, my gurlie ran away wit my pay but fellas came to play, now she stuck wit my homies dat she ******...and im just a suckah wit a lump in my throat Hey! like a chump!