My music downloads in limewire turned into an application! I can't access it anymore! Why's that?

ugh. all the MP3 i've downloaded from limewire were converted into applications when i checked the folder where the downloads have been saving into. it's meant to be in mp3 format but i have no idea why it's turned into an application! when i tried opening it, there's thing dialog box that comes up... show more ugh. all the MP3 i've downloaded from limewire were converted into applications when i checked the folder where the downloads have been saving into. it's meant to be in mp3 format but i have no idea why it's turned into an application! when i tried opening it, there's thing dialog box that comes up which lets me choose which user i should use to open that file. (including my password) i've tried it and it denied to play. it just irritates me. now all the mp3's i've downloaded are just wasted. please suggest what could solve this or even better, suggest any other free downloading software i could use! i'm so desperate.
Update: ugh. all the MP3's i've downloaded from limewire were converted into applications when i checked the folder where the downloads have been saving into. it's meant to be in mp3 format but i have no idea why it's turned into an application! when i tried opening it, there's this dialog box that... show more ugh. all the MP3's i've downloaded from limewire were converted into applications when i checked the folder where the downloads have been saving into. it's meant to be in mp3 format but i have no idea why it's turned into an application! when i tried opening it, there's this dialog box that comes up which lets me choose which user i should use to open that file. (including my password) i've tried it and it denied to play. it just irritates me. now all the mp3's i've downloaded are just wasted. please suggest what could solve this or even better, suggest any other free downloading software i could use that are actually reasonable.