stella asked in Social ScienceAnthropology · 1 decade ago

what is the scope in archeology for a girl?

Is there any scope for indian archeology in abrod?what are the educational qualifications necessary to be an archeologist? can an indian student can study foreign archeology and for this what are the conditions.

One of the answers above actually got my attention. I went on a dig this past summer and just to warn you, there actually is alot of sweeping involved. This is not meant as an insult or joke, I am being serious. In efforts to avoid contamination of subsequent layers of strata, archaeologists will literally sweep the dirt. This sucks because at my site, the brooms had no handles, so you had to sweep all crouched over. Excavation can sometimes be like that, so do some research and decide if you really are passionate about this before you go on a dig.

I don't really know much about Eastern Archaeology, but in the West, it is recommended to go on one field school, followed by one or two digs as a volunteer. After this, you will have enough experience to be in a supervisory position such as trench master or registrar. After a few years in one of the supervisory positions, and with enough schooling, you may get a job as a specialist on a dig. Of course, you would need a Master's Degree minimum. Eventually, you could be the Director of an excavation, but you would need a PhD, and have to grovel a lot for money from the government and other organizations. Do not worry about being a female. That pretty much has nothing to do with it. If you are worried about the heavy lifting or something like that, don't. There is always plenty of labor on site to hep with things like that. Once you move into a supervisory position, most of the job is drawing pictures and writing on site anyway.

Good luck, and look at some schools in America. We're not that bad.

India is blessed as one of the oldest civilisation and indian archeology has a solid bearing on world archeological studies. In my opinion indian archeology has defenitely some scope abroad. As far as conditions applicable to study foriegn archeology , I am not the right person to render any advice.

Actually, I'd say greater than 50% or more of archaeologists are female these days. It's a great way to travel, but some countries, such as China, are touchy about letting foreign archaeologists in.

All women are qualified in Archeology for cooking, cleaning, laundry, sweeping, typing, and all other very important things.

the first day of heighschool really isnt that different from middle school, yes guys are more aware of girls because they are hitting puberty and all that fun stuff lol. but its not like the walk into school and automaticly stare looking for a girl to ask out.

there lot oppurtunies in india and aboard for details contact archeological dept govt of india.

yes she can...who said girls can't study archeology..??

• SIG

Its good carry on

Yes you can.