Home remedies for acidity?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Hi, Yesterday night I was having severe pain in chest because of acidity :( I took one 'pudin hara' tablet before sleeping and drank lots of water. But then again at about 2 ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
buy a digene tablet( mint flavour) frm chemist , its the best thing whc really effects .. n it has no side effects.. pudin hara will not help much... u hav to minimise junk food, tea n coffee or ne other oily food.. eat lots of fruits n drink chilled milk.... wheneva u feel like this again drink lots of warm water n then vomit.. it cleans all the acid n toxic stuff.. if u ll improve ur eatin habits after 2 weeks u ll see the effect..

best of luck :D

Source:

a sufferer

Asker's Rating & Comment

3 out of 5
good solutions..thx
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (11)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • apan answered 7 years ago
    1.take action to make your bowels clear like husk,esabgul,etc.
    2.drink water sufficiently.
    3.drink a glass of water before bed & breakfast.
    4.take aqua ptychotis.
    5.take ajwaine.
    6.check up with a doctor for gallbladder problem.pain normally occurs at upper abdomen,parallel to right chest.the pain is excruciating.
    7.take pantoprazole/omniprazole,etc.capsule in the first morning before breakfast for a month by consulting a gastro-enterologist.
    • Comment
  • ridder answered 7 years ago
    Do not eat a large meal in the evening, or eat late. Licorice root stimulates mucus production in your stomach and blocks acid output. Sip some chamomile tea before bed , it relaxes you and helps you sleep. Also a vitamin E tablet heals ulcers if taken daily. If it is just acid reflux try aloe Vera juice , drink a 1/2 cup ( about the size of 1/2 a cup of coffee < don't know if you are metric) twice a day. Papaya juice with a small amount of sugar also reduces acid. and relieves cramping of the asophagus. good luck

Source(s):

home remedies book
    • Comment
  • Mr T answered 7 years ago
    Cook a extract from ginger.It worked for me.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • divya n answered 7 years ago
    everyday after lunch and dinner eat 1-2 cloves its really help you
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sanjay Kumar answered 7 years ago
    Triphala Churna will certainly cure from acidity.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • moonshine6669 answered 7 years ago
    Cabbage juice
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • foxylady answered 7 years ago
    Try Zantac - you take one every day and it should sort your problems out.
    You could also try half a teaspoon of Bi-Carbinate of Soda in a glass of water - it works but it doesn't taste terrific.
    Do not eat for at least three hours before you go to bed. Don't slouch after you eat, sit straight up this will also help with your digestion.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • nawab_ali answered 7 years ago
    In the morning just drink lot of water immediately after washing your mouth before consuming anything.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • queen answered 7 years ago
    chewing on fresh mint leaves really helps also try avoiding tea.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• PRASHANT BHAGWAT answered 7 years ago
    please take one teaspoon of kailas jeevan with warm water orally half an hour before or after meals.do it for 21 days minimum
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Dana answered 7 years ago
    to netralise acid have something alkali like milk, or peppermint shots, or my dad even told me to chew on a bit of chalk!!

Source(s):

experience x
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block