Norton anti virus or mcafee?

i'm not very good with this kind of stuff, but i just bought a new sony vaio ($1300) and i really don't want to risk anything happening to it, so i need to know which is better, norton or mcafee? i know norton is realllyyy good but a lot of people say it slows down your computer a lot, does mcafee do the... show more i'm not very good with this kind of stuff, but i just bought a new sony vaio ($1300) and i really don't want to risk anything happening to it, so i need to know which is better, norton or mcafee? i know norton is realllyyy good but a lot of people say it slows down your computer a lot, does mcafee do the same? which one is the best? and do they have similar prices?
Update: okay well now i'm thinking AVG since a lot of people recommend it, but if anyones wondering, the only thing i do on this computer which would be considered risky is that i download songs off limewire, that's why i need a good anti virus.
Update 2: ALSO can i get two anti virus softwares? like if i download avg but i also go out an buy mcafee is that okay? will it protect my comp more?
16 answers 16