• Best answer

Great magician of India.

• 3 years ago

Pasha Wikipedia

• Cheryl
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ax4jQ

hmm pasha? well... i know that my step dad is from the Ukraine and his name is Alexander (SASHA). Ukraine is a little country by Russia. he also speaks Russian along with Ukrainian. He likes to be called Sasha because that is the nickname for Alexander. so it is probably along the lines of Russian or Ukrainian. some names dont have and origin to tell you the truth. My friends name is Inert... boy what the heak kinda name is that? well i hope i helped you pasha. =P

• 1 decade ago

gogiya pasha was a great magician and his famous words were giligili when he used to perform magic.

Source(s): own
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • srmm
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

A Profile of the world-famous magician Gogia Pasha and his magic tricks…

Gogia Pasha was a hindu born in (dd/mm/yy of birth) in Multan (pre-partition Pakistan), an addition to the Gogia Mohalla of (city). Nee Dhanpatrai Gogia, he was the eldest brother, totaling 8 siblings – which included 4 sisters.

His father Mangal Dev Gogia was a reputed Minakari Jeweller of Multan, traveling to exhibitions throughout Europe to sell his jewellery. Over some years, Mangal Dev encountered business problems, leaving the Gogias financially unsound.

Seeing the crisis facing his family, young Gogia took up the responsibility of working and earning to support his family. He left for England, hoping to sign-up for some courses and search for job opportunities. There, while he was running an errand, he met a British magician Owen Clerk. Enchanted, Gogia became his greatest disciple.

After vigorous training under Clerk, Gogia returned to India and began learning Indian magic tricks. Having built a repertoire of western and eastern magic tricks, Gogia went Blackpool, England where he launched his show business career. He met with instant appreciation regularly, performing in India, England, Europe, Australia and Japan.

Partition in 1947 forced the Gogia Mohalla to relocate. Gogia brought his parents, siblings, wife and children to Dehradun at the foothills of Mussourie. The cool climate of the valley surrounded by forests appealed to his love for nature’s bounty. Throughout his life Gogia was a self-appointed care taker for his entire family – retiring his parents in Dehradun and purchasing property for his siblings and setting them up in their individual businesses.

Performing for almost half a decade, Gogia traveled to various cities holding private shows for the mighty and famous across the world – the Beatles, Pundit Nehru and Hitler. There is hardly a youngster from the 1940’s who hasn’t grown up watching a Gogia Pasha magic show. Pundit Nehru considered Gogia a personal friend and would always catch up with him when he visited Dehradun.

On the family front, Gogia’s children were fully involved in the preparation of all his shows, even participating on stage and behind stage for most of them from a very early age. And they traveled with him extensively, schooling across the globe. His second son Subash Chander also performed under his own stage name Prince Shahjohan for a few years.

In December 1976, Gogia suffered from psoriasis of the liver. Sine he was a grave diabetic, his body could not survive and he died. His legend however lives on in the hearts and minds of those who met him.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

a very famous indian magician

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is so much of him on the net...Google man Google.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.