11150 runs and counting in Test Cricket
15707 runs and counting in ODI Cricket
1. Second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to make over 10,000 runs in Test matches
2. Became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000 Test run mark and the third International player behind Allan Border and Brian Lara. Lara took 213 innings, Sachin 223 and Border 259.
3. Highest run scoring Indian with 11,149 Test runs. 3rd highest tally of any player.
4. Tendulkar and Brian Lara are the fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history. Both of them achieved this in 195 innings
5. On 3 January 2007 Sachin Tendulkar (5751) edged past Brian Lara's (5736) world record of runs scored in Tests away from home. Tendulkar achieved this in 75 away Test matches while Lara had scored his runs in 66 away Tests
6. Career Average 55.19 - the highest average among those who have scored over 10,000 Test runs.
7. Tendulkar has 4 seasons with 1000 or more runs - 2002 (1392 runs), 1999 (1088 runs), 2001 (1003 runs) and 1997 (1000 runs). Gavaskar is the only other Indian with four seasons of 1000+ runs. Only Hayden and Lara have five seasons with 1000+ runs in International cricket
8. Tendulkar is only the third batsman in the history of Test cricket to go past the 11,000-run tally (currently 11,150), after Brian Lara and Allan Border.
9. Highest number of Test centuries (37), overtaking Sunil Gavaskar's record (34) on 10 December 2005 vs Sri Lanka in Delhi. Brian Lara has also scored 34 Test Centuries
10. When Tendulkar scored his maiden century in 1990, he was the second youngest to score a century. Only Mushtaq Mohammad had scored a century at a younger age by 1990. Tendulkar's record was bettered by Mohammad Ashraful in 2001/02 season. The record for previous youngest Indian centurion was held by Kapil Dev.
11. Tendulkar's record of five centuries before he turned 20 is a current world record
12. Tendulkar holds the current record (217 against NZ in 1999/00 Season) for the highest score in Test cricket by an Indian when captaining the side. Gavaskar held the previous record (205 against West Indies in Bombay - 1978/79 season)
13. Tendulkar has scored centuries against all test playing nations.He was the third batman to achieve the distinction after Steve Waugh and Gary Kirsten. The current list also includes Brian Lara, Ricky Ponting, Rahul Dravid, Jacques Kallis, Adam Gilchrist and Marvan Attapattu.
14. Sachin's 37th ton against Bangladesh during the 2007 series 2nd Test, made history as the 1st time the top four batsman of any team had all scored centuries in a single innings. Dinesh Karthik made 129, Wasim Jaffer 138 and Rahul Dravid 129 were the other centurions
15. Most Runs: 15,707 Runs at just over 44 runs per innings (as of 5th November, 2007). He is the leading run scorer in the ODI format of the game and the only player ever to cross the 15,000 run mark.
16. First player to reach 10,000-11,000-12,000-13,000-14,000 and 15,000 ODI runs.
17. Highest individual score among Indian batsmen (186* against New Zealand at Hyderabad in 1999). The score of 186* is listed the fifth highest score recorded in ODI matches
18. Holds the record for scoring 1,000 ODI runs in a calendar year. He has done it seven times - 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003 and 2007
19. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 ODI runs against all major Cricketing nations
20. After he became the first cricketer to cross 10,000-run mark in ODI's. Only six other players have managed to also cross the milestone since then: (Sanath Jayasuriya, Sourav Ganguly, Rahul Dravid, Ricky Ponting, Brian Lara, and Inzamam ul Haq). Sachin was the fastest to reach 10,000 runs taking 259 innings and has the highest batting average among batsmen with over 10,000 ODI runs
21. Most centuries: 41
22. Only player to have over 100 innings of 50+ runs (41 Centuries and 85 Fifties)(as of 15th Oct, 2007)
23. Fifties: 85. Tendulkar holds the record for the most ODI fifties, Pakistan's Inzaman ul-Haq is second with 83 and Rahul Dravid is third with 81
24. Most centuries vs. Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe
25. Most Man of the Match Awards: 55 Man of the Match Awards
26. Most Man of the Series Awards: 14 Man of the Series Awards
27. Most ODI runs in a calendar year: 1,894 ODI runs in 1998
28. Most Centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries in 1998
29. Sachin Tendulkar with Sourav Ganguly hold the world record for the maximum number of runs scored by the opening partnership. They have put together 6,271 runs in 128 matches that includes 20 century partnerships and 21 fifty run partnerships. The 20 century partnerships for opening pair is also a world record
30. Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid hold the world record for the highest partnership in ODI matches when they scored 331 runs against New Zealand in 1999 at the LBS, Hyderabad
31. Sachin Tendulkar has been involved in six 200 run partnerships in ODI matches - a record that he shares with Sourav Ganguly and Ricky Ponting
32. Most runs (1,796 at an average of 59.87 as on 20th Mar 2007) in World Cup Cricket History including 4 centuries & 13 fifties with a best score of 152* against Namibia in 2003 world cup
33. 673 runs in 2003 Cricket World Cup, highest by any player in a single Cricket World Cup
34. Player Of The World Cup Tournament in the 2003 Cricket World Cup
35. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 50 centuries in international cricket. He has now scored 78 (37 in Tests, 41 in ODIs).
36. Has the most overall runs in cricket, (ODIs+Tests+Twenty20s), as of 30th June 2007 he had accumulated almost 26,000 runs overall.
37. Tendulkar was the first overseas cricketer to play for Yorkshire CCC in 1993, in more than 100 years of the club's history
38. Sachin Tendulkar was the first batsman in Test Cricket to be declared as run out by a third umpire (using television replays) in 1992 against South Africa in South Africa.
39. During India's 1999-2000 tour to Australia, he was declared out LBW after ducking against McGrath and being hit by bouncer that kept low by umpire Daryl Hair, which lead commentators to coin the term "shoulder before wicket".[
40. 1994: Arjuna Award Receipient for achievements in Cricket
41. 1997: Tendulkar was one of the five cricketers selected as Wisden Cricketer of the Year
42. 1997/98: Sachin Tendulkar received India's highest sporting honour - Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna
43. 1999: Awarded Padma Shri - India's civilian medal of recognition
44. In August of 2003, Sachin Tendulkar was voted as the "Greatest Sportsman" of the country in the sport personalities category in the Best of India poll conducted by Zee News
45. In November 2006, Time magazine named Tendulkar as one of the Asian Heroes
46. In December 2006, he was named "Sports person of the Year"
47. The current India Poised campaign run by The Times of India has nominated him as the Face of New India next to the likes of Amartya Sen and Mahatma Gandhi among others.
48. He single handedly won the ICC 1998 quarterfinal at Dhaka to pave way for India's entry into the Semifinals, when he took 4 Australian wickets after scoring 141 runs in just 128 balls
49. Wisden named Tendulkar one of the Cricketers of the Year in 1997, the first calendar year in which he scored 1,000 Test runs. He repeated the feat in 1999, 2001, and 2002. Tendulkar also holds the record for scoring 1,000 ODI runs in a calendar year. He has done it seven times - 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000 ,2003 and 2007. In 1998 he made 1,894 ODI runs, still the record for ODI runs by any batsman in any given calendar year.
50. Tendulkar now has 17 more ODI tons than Sanath Jayasuriya who is second on the list of ODI century-makers
My hands are paining...Will type his more achivements when I find time.....lol.....
Two major injuries:
1. Back injury
2. Tennis elbow injury...
To the madam who is downstairs, please mind your words mam.. I respect your's and other's answer, but so should you. We are just here to share knowledge. No need to tease and abuse others like kids. I hope you understood!
Yahoo answers will be out of space if we type in his achievements...lol