What's The Selling Point Of Atheism?

From what I can gather about atheism.Its a belief in "nothing." There is NO real reason as to why you're here.Why you exist.There's no significant purpose or meaing to this life.There's nothin' beyong this realm.Life is random.Religion,God. Pfff, its all nothing,nonsense! Be an atheist... show more From what I can gather about atheism.Its a belief in "nothing." There is NO real reason as to why you're here.Why you exist.There's no significant purpose or meaing to this life.There's nothin' beyong this realm.Life is random.Religion,God. Pfff, its all nothing,nonsense!

Be an atheist and that's mean your smarter. Ultimately aren't I taking my belief out of nothing and putting it into nothing?Because atheism is a belief is it not?Its not neutral and down the line. Hitchens,Dawkins,Maher,Harris ect. They ARE trying to prove something. There is NOTHING.So to go from believeing nothing("God") to believeing nothing(atheism)what's the selling point?Isn't everything at the end just pointless?Do I really understand anymore about this life or smarter just because I don't believe in God? It just seem's like I'd just be against something not for anything.

Now I'm not of any orgainzed faith or religion.Not trying slam atheist.Just asking questions.

Thoughts?
Update: LET ME STATE ONCE MORE AGAIN, I AM NOT OF ANY ORGAINZIED FAITH!!!!

I QUESTION THE EXISTENCE OF GOD AS WELL.

SO DON'T START OFF WITH THE "YOUR GOD" THING.
Update 2: AH, THIS QUESTION WAS FIRE STARTER WASN'T IT?! I SEE I HAVE OFFENED A LOT OF YOU WITH THE BELIEVEING "NOTING" CLAIM. WHEN I SAY NOTHING, I MEAN THERE IS NO REAL PURPOSE AS TO WHY WE LIVE. BELIEVERS FEEL THERE IS A CERTAIN PURPOSE FOR WHY WE'RE HERE. THAT'S WHAT I MEAN. BUT I'M... show more AH, THIS QUESTION WAS FIRE STARTER WASN'T IT?!

I SEE I HAVE OFFENED A LOT OF YOU WITH THE BELIEVEING "NOTING" CLAIM. WHEN I SAY NOTHING, I MEAN THERE IS NO REAL PURPOSE AS TO WHY WE LIVE. BELIEVERS FEEL THERE IS A CERTAIN PURPOSE FOR WHY WE'RE HERE. THAT'S WHAT I MEAN.

BUT I'M PROBABLY DIGGING A DEEPER HOLE AREN'T I.

I REALLY AM IGNORANT TO THIS TOPIC. . .

SORRY. . .
Update 3: WHEN I SAY "NOTHING" I DON'T MEAN THAT YOU DON'T HAVE VALUES IN YOUR LIFE. NOT WHAT I MEAN!!