LAINA asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 1 decade ago

how to load pictures from digital camras onto the computer?

Im trying to download my pictures from my digital camara onto my computer. Its a FUJIFILM, 8.3 MEGAPIXELS, 4x Optical Zoom, 2.5-inch TFT LCD MONITOR. Incase thats important.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

You should have a USB cable included with the camera when you bought it. Plug one end of the cable into the camera and the other into the USB port of your computer. Switch the camera on. Your PC should recognise the camera's memory as a new removable drive and may ask you what you want to do. Select Open in Explorer, open the DCIM folder you see and then the FUJI100 (or similar folder). Select all the files (click on one and press Ctrl+A) and, in the left hand Tasks menu, select Move Files (or Copy Files if you want to leave the pics on the camera) and select a folder for them - My Pictures may be the default.

If you don't have a USB cable, you can use a card reader to read the memory card. You may have to purchase one of these (they are not expensive - around £6/$12 should be enough) but it is a good investment if you download a lot of photos because you save on using the camera battery.

• 1 decade ago

If you want the fastest transfer without wearing out your camera, pick up a USB 2.0 memory card reader and simply plug it into the computer's USB port. Then take the memory card from the camera, insert it into the card reader, and then copy the files to your hard drive, just like any other copying/pasting of files. Just make sure the card reader can handle your memory card.

• 1 decade ago

well does it have a memory card? or does it have a plug in usb cord? if u have a memory card just stick it in the slot on your desktop...(the machine with the buttons) if u dont have a slot for it then u should use the usb cord and plug it in the desktop...

ok? then u should have a scren p op up with options sayin : copy pictures, play slideshow, stuff liek that you know,. so u pick copy pictures. u should now the rest

Source(s): MYSELF
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

something may be wrong with your usb cord. by the way thats a great cmaera. also the software your camera needs may not work with your computer

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Do you not have a USB cable with it? If you do plug it into your camera and computer and it should pop up, if not it should have come with an installation disk pop that in, plug in and itll pop up. If you dont have a cable, you need one!

• 1 decade ago

you should have a CD to load that came with the camera and a usb cord to plud into the camera and computer

• gosain
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Use an USB port connector.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.