raindrop asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What does 1 gram of sugar look like?

It seems like i have heard that it is equal to about 1 tsp.

I am wanting a sense of how much sugar I am eating. When the box says 10 grams of sugar. I want to have an idea of what it would look like.

Favorite Answer

1 gram is about a fourth of a teaspoon, so ten grams would be about two and a half teaspoons, assuming my math is ok

• shoaf

1 Gram Of Sugar

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does 1 gram of sugar look like?

Source(s): 1 gram sugar like: https://tr.im/KA3kU

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axtaZ

There is definitely a difference. First off, I'm sure you know that with an orange you get a ton more nutrition than with Pepsi, but that isn't what you asked. Look up the different types of sugar - sucrose, fructose, galactose, glucose, etc... Some are compound, some are simple. Some break down in the body differently then others... they might last longer and not be burned off (eventually turning to fat). Check out the link to wikipedia's answer. Everything your grandma would teach you about health is basically true. Oranges are good, candy is bad.

okay if 1 gram + i Tsp then 10 Grams would be around 1 tABLESPOON ITS A LOT OF SUGAR IF YOU THINK OF A CAN OF COKE AND 1/2 SUGAR then you are there.

1 gram is really small, i would say a teaspoon is about 5-10 grams

• one gram of sugar is about equal to 3/4 of a tsp. we did an experiment in science class. so a soda with 35g of sugar has like tons of it. yeah... i don't have a picture but it's just a bit more than 3/4 of a tsp.

to figure out yourself: use a triple beam balance to measure exactly 1g of sugar.

I heard that a gram = a regular sized paper clip

1 gram of sugar equals 0.89 tsp. Therefore, 10 grams of sugar would equal 8.9 tsp. See the following link:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_sugar_is_in_one...

• Bella

One gram of sugar is one and a half small teaspoons or 1/4 regular teaspoon.

P.S. Sorry you got so many crummy answers!

(I know, go ahead and give me your thumbs down, but my answer is reliable)