A question to Krishna bhakthas?

why did Krishna make Yudhisthra say a lie in the battle field while He could have achieved by ethical means?
Update: The antagonists of Hinduism in general often question among other things why the Divine Being (that Krishna was claimed to be) take recourse to use a lie to kill Dronacharya ? was Truth not capable of achieving the ends of justice? and so forth... What is your perceived impression on the probable motive of the... show more The antagonists of Hinduism in general often question among other things why the Divine Being (that Krishna was claimed to be) take recourse to use a lie to kill Dronacharya ? was Truth not capable of achieving the ends of justice? and so forth...
What is your perceived impression on the probable motive of the Lord in this episode?
Update 2: Infinity, thanks for your view. It is true that technically it was not a lie but in effect it was intended to convey a different suggestion that could disarm the Acharya. You know when king Ambarish broke the fast on Dwadasi before his guest Durvasas came belatedly, on the advice of his ministers that he can... show more Infinity, thanks for your view. It is true that technically it was not a lie but in effect it was intended to convey a different suggestion that could disarm the Acharya.

You know when king Ambarish broke the fast on Dwadasi before his guest Durvasas came belatedly, on the advice of his ministers that he can take water to break the fast and it would not amount to taking food as well, the point was disputed by the angry sage saying that his intention was to break the fast whether by taking water or food and it was wrong..

Hence there is an issue here and we all know that the Lord should have had a valid point for his prompting... and I want to know how the ticklish issue is sought to be explained away plausibly by the devotees..
Update 3: Sidomuru, I do not claim to know much about any of the great epics, leave alone Mahabharatha. That is why I ask wise people like you to react... I appreciate your answer but it is much in the usual way it is explained... and I could not digest the idea that the Lord erred at all... A student errs in a problem... show more Sidomuru, I do not claim to know much about any of the great epics, leave alone Mahabharatha. That is why I ask wise people like you to react...

I appreciate your answer but it is much in the usual way it is explained... and I could not digest the idea that the Lord erred at all... A student errs in a problem but the teacher shows less accurate but speedy ways of problem solving to the student... he is not erring but showing an option for speedy result or things like that... Anyway I hoped you would think differently - like Saai did (below).. Thanks.
Update 4: Saai and Rup thanks. You have really given good replies... True. tha Lord could have desired to strip his devotee of his ego and shown the merit of sacrifice.. The Aapath neethi (freak justice) applies in wars as opined by Rup is also highly relevent. The ethical standards are not situation neutral but vary in... show more Saai and Rup thanks. You have really given good replies... True. tha Lord could have desired to strip his devotee of his ego and shown the merit of sacrifice.. The Aapath neethi (freak justice) applies in wars as opined by Rup is also highly relevent. The ethical standards are not situation neutral but vary in special circumstances.

Ranger has also given a new insight. I thank you friend for sharing nice points.

Thanks guys, I have had a feast of devotional decrees on the Great Lord who steals our pettiness and endows wealth and joy... He suffers scorn and blame for our sake and always crowns us with the Moksha (Moha kshayam or depletion of illusion).
Jai Krishna, be ever our guide - in blame and praise let us be with you Lord!