janney asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

what is mean of life?

The "mean" of life? Not being nice?

Life

Life can be mean... but I assume you mean "the meaning of life".

In it's simplest definition, Life is a test. In this test the results are based on how we serve God, Love God and accept Jesus as Lord and do God's will we are judged. Those that reject God's love and Jesus' sacrifice will fail the test. The rewards of those that pass are based on doing God's will and living for God and accepting Jesus as Lord. Don't be fooled our every action in our life will have a consequence for good or evil.

Just your willingness to search for that answer shows that there is the universal need for an answer. Many however will try to deny it because of the implied and explicit implications of God and Jesus. Others will hate the question and my answer for just those same reasons too! Life having no meaning frees the individual from responsibility and to live as debauched a life as they want, just read up on Nietzche, he died of syphilis in a mental hospital.

C.S. Lewis was an atheist that declared God and Jesus were myths but after meeting JRR Tolkien and looking at the evidence became a very strong Christian and pronouncer of the Gospel. Here is what he says about life having meaning:

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."

Our purpose is found in what Jesus said, that he came to save the lost and by following him we are to have "peace that the world cannot", so that we may "live more abundantly" and so that we help those we can such as the poor, the children, the widows and the sick. So you see that the meaning of life is the relationship with God and another part is the relationship with each other.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthe...

Henry Drummond talks about love and these relationships in his book "The Greatest thing in the World", I often suggest people read it and there are some webpages where the whole text is available for free.

• docjp

A measurement that is probably about 68.2 years now, filled with 70% pain and suffering, 72% disappointment, 20% contentment, 2% shame, and 35% resentment.

If you mean... no pun intended, the meaning of life... then that is to fully and completely explore and experience the entire Creation.

Peace

life means to live happily, today people live here but their schedule looks a like,

gets up in the morning, go to school/office/college/job, back to home /watch TV/sleeping?? is that life?

no way

life is for living, when you pass every moments with mind presence, you live the life very meaning fully, you will enjoy that life and in presence , god signature will be on your every deeds .

The golden mean of classical greek art and architecture is 8 to 5.

The Golden Mean (or Golden Section), represented by the Greek letter phi, is one of those mysterious natural numbers, like e or pi, that seem to arise out of the basic structure of our cosmos. Unlike those abstract numbers, however, phi appears clearly and regularly in the realm of things that grow and unfold in steps, and that includes living things.

The decimal representation of phi is 1.6180339887499...

Many of my students ask me the same question,and I stoutly tell them to come to me a few moments before my death.I will tell them the meaning of my life only.So the gist, my dear, is that the abstract notions can not be given generalized meanings;they can differ from person to person.Raja Sharma. Visit http://www.rajasir.blogspot.com for philosophical stuff and free books downloads.

• “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”

Mean of Life is the midsection of the period between birth and death.

Life has no mean.