Can anyone tell me a site that offers free software versions of books on Mechanical Engineering?

I am also looking for sites that offer free soft copies of books on Electrical Engineering and Mechatronics.

Try WIkibooks

• Laura

First disable your system restore, reboot, and reenable it. You have a virus/ malware that has hidden itself in your system restore. This will delete all your system restore points. Then I would download Spyware Doctor Starter Edition which is free and catches all type of spyware and trojans. Then I would download SuperAntispyware. Update both programs then disconnect your computer from the internet and run full scans with each one of these programs. As a final clean up I would go back online and go to Trend Micro Housecall and do a free online scan to remove any left over malware. Good luck. Edit: Just run the two downloads first update them,etc. Then do the online scan and see how that works for you.

Go to a technical book shop and have a look. A must buy is "engineers black book" this book is gold and I'm an engineer with 10 years in the trade so I know

Engineer's Edge www.engineersedge.com will have links to most of the free stuff available on the web.

But if your looking for industry manuals (like the 'steel designers manual') then your out of luck, you have to pay for that. But specifications, practical advice and most codes of practice can be found and downloaded.