Who is the goddess with a blue skin and full red lips?

I recently dreamed of a blue-skinned goddess with full red lips. She had several arms and her head had the enlighted elongated bump much like the Thai buddha. Naturally, she was beautiful and very serene.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • cancan
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Mahakali , literally translated as Great Kali, is a Hindu Goddess, considered by some to be the consort of Shiva, and by others as the basis of Reality

Mahakali is described as being black in color but is most often depicted as blue in popular Indian art.

Her most common four armed iconographic image shows each hand carrying variously a sword, a trishul (trident), a severed head and a bowl or skull-cup (kapala) catching the blood of the severed head. Her eyes are described as red with intoxication and in absolute rage, Her hair is shown disheveled, small fangs sometimes protrude out of Her mouth and Her tongue is lolling.

The image of Kali is seen at virtually all Navratri celebrations and is one of the best known, but poorly understood forms of the Goddess. She is dark destructive and terrible in image. She is allied to the forces of death and destruction. The most common image of Kali shows her dancing on Shiva. This article aims to give an insight into Hinduism's use of such mystic imagery.

• 1 decade ago

I don't know any goddess with blue skin and red lips but there is a god who is in blue color & that is Krishna the God of Hindu.It is because of dream you might so it otherwise I personally don't think there is a goddess like this anyway you are lucky to see such a god .

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i believe that whoever said kali maiya is right.. she is dark skinned as the evening night.. and if you see her angry her eyes go wide... when you see a goddess like her in your dreams that means smthg really good is going to happen... so keep an eye out!..

• 1 decade ago

it is the goddess "vartaali"

(mund maala se shushobhit, neel mani k samaan neele varna wali, hathon mein moosal hal, abhay, var mudra dhaaran karne wali, lal rakt hothon wali, lal vastra dhaarani devi vartali ko namaskaar hai)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

she may have been a bodhisattva or a dakini. they are enlightened beings that have appearances of the Buddha. you should feel blessed.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Smurfette!

• 1 decade ago
  • 1 decade ago

Scarey, very scarey!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.