Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Whats Better? Windows XP or Windows Vista?

im wondering whats better. im starting to dis-like windows vista. its becoming slow on a dual core 4 gb pc......!

So i need to know, Whats Better Vista or XP!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

better for what?

it really depends on what you use your computer for. I personally prefer windows vista to XP.

Unlike some people, I actually use both XP and Vista, and find using and finding folders and files, etc in vista much easier than it ever was in XP.

Also, remember, performance is dependent on hardware

UPDATE...

Once again, people provide not really educated and researched answers.

All those features that people say makes vista bad (UAC popups, the aero theme, etc) can be TURNED OFF.

But then again, people who don't have a copy of vista or research just spout out (fake) info

Source(s): vista owner for over 9 months- no problems so far
  • 1 decade ago

Hi there....XP is better for an upgrade and forget Vista. Vista is XP with some security features that you, can do without, at this time. Before long, Microsoft will be coming out with another version of Windows, called Windows 8. At this time, there are still some problems with Vista that Microsoft is working to resolve. So, for the money and a current Windows, I would recommend XP.

• 1 decade ago

XP runs faster on the same hardware than Vista does. But Vista is more secure and includes more features (plus XP will be obsolete in a few years). I prefer a multi-boot configuration with both XP and Vista.

• 1 decade ago

i like vista because of it's gaming but right now vista has to many bugs sometimes that because people don't have the right hardware but some people don't want to upgrade just for vista go with xp because it can play just about all the games out their and when service pack 3 is out for it from what i heard it will be faster and will use less ram but really it's your chose

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

XP

Go onto youtube, and search "Windows Vista Rant" and "Vista vs XP"

That shows all the terrible flaws in Vista.

It really is horrid compared to XP.

Source(s): Vista Owner :(
  • 1 decade ago

I like XP better than Vista by far, but I prefer Macs anyways

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I didn't use vista until now. But I heard a lot of complaining regarding Vista.. Including it's run very slow, eat up more disc space...etc..

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I very much like XP better. Vista looks pretty but it is ridiculous!

• 1 decade ago

XP is better , Vista is not complete

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah. Well, i just bought a new laptop with Vista. It's great

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.