Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 decade ago

What is the opposite of 'freedom'?

Favorite Answer

The exact opposite of freedom depends on how you define "freedom." Freedom can mean independence, opportunity or without restriction. So many words come to mind that would mean the opposite including slavery, captivity, imprisonment, confinement, restraint, among others!!!

Opposite Of Freedom

Freedom Antonym

Slavery

Government is the opposite of freedom. Restriction is the enemy of freedom. Anarchy is freedom. Abolish all forms of restriction, and you will see. The "law" has no right to order you around. The government has no right to restrict your freedom with "laws" of any kind. Religions have no right to restrict your pursuit of happiness. Any government or religion which imposes restrictions upon you is attempting to make you a slave. Humans are free from birth, no "authority" has the right to impose restriction of any kind. You are not sheep, though they try to convince you that you are, because it pacifies you. Docile livestock and docile slaves are easier for them to control. Oppression is oppression, no matter the disguise it hides within. When they make rules and restrictions, they violate your right to be free and sovereign. Don't be a sheep. Be human. Be free.

• Noneya4 years agoReport

Really? It comes across more to me more like the manifesto of a crazy person. Therefore, by his arguments I decide he is wrong, and decide to oppress those around me. Not because it's right, but because I can, and because I'm free to take the freedom away from others.

Freedom, as before mentioned, can mean alot of things.

The first antonyms I can think of is restriction, inhibition and conformity.

Slavery...

In common use,the antonym of sfreedom is slavery.Other than that you could use captivity /restraint /limitation /imprisonment /subjection,depending on which situation you use it in.

SLAVERY and it has many other opposite terms also

slavery, captivity, imprisonment, confinement, restraint