When should one eat fruits such as bananas, pineapples, mangoes and other salads.?

Should the fruits be eaten before or after the meals? I expect an answer with reasons to back it up.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

I read this in some magazine that u should not eat fruits immediately after meal. However u can eat it atleast 1hr before or after meals

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Wendy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Chop and use whatever fresh fruit you have (apples, bananas, grapes, melon, peach, nectarine), then you can supplement it with frozen berries if you want to. A small can of pineapple bits is always good. Pecan bits are also good. My grandmother liked to put a tablespoon or two of Grenadine in hers. Let the mixture sit in the fridge for maybe an hour so the flavors will blend. My mom likes a little Cool Whip mixed in.

• 1 decade ago

bananas should eat after dinner and pineapple should eat along with food and mango should eat supper and salads lunch time we can use

• 5 years ago

Fruit ferments in the stomach so it is always better to eat it on an empty stomach and before meals. If you eat it after meals then it will ferment over top of the food you already ate and turn into gas.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My opinion is with meals. You are getting the nutrients you need and you tend to think of more nutritious foods when you are eating them for a meal instead of eating junk food just to satisfy hunger quickly.But, fruit is an excellent snack so it is beneficial to eat any time of the day.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

u can eat mango with dinner, and u shud eat pineapple in noon,and salads like cucumber, or carrot radish, and onion u can eat with food, but banana shud eat before 2 hour from the dinnerbanana shud eat in the evening at approx 5 pm, before 2 hours from the dinner

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Most people know that we should be eating more fruit and veg. But most of us aren't eating enough. Did you know that we should be eating at least five portions of fruit and veg every day?

Fruit and veg should make up about a third of the food you eat each day. And it's also important to eat a variety. Five-a-day is a good, achievable target. If you count your portions each day it might help you to increase the amount you eat.

If you eat one or two portions with each meal and have the occasional fruit snack you might be surprised at how easy it is to eat five-a-day.

At breakfast you could:

add a handful of dried fruit to your cereal

eat half a grapefruit or an apple

drink a glass of fruit juice

At lunch you could:

eat a bowl of salad

have a banana

have some fruit salad

At your evening meal you could:

add vegetables or pulses to your curry, casserole or stir fry

serve at least two types of vegetables with your fish, chicken or meat

And don't forget, when you fancy a snack, reach for an apple, banana or perhaps even some dried fruit.

You can eat fruits 24 / 7, even as a midnight snack. You'll only benefit from these nutrition packed wonders of nature.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

banana shud eat in the evening at approx 5 pm, before 2 hours from the dinner, u can eat mango with dinner, and u shud eat pineapple in noon,and salads like cucumber, or carrot radish, and onion u can eat with food, but banana shud eat before 2 hour from the dinner

• 1 decade ago

Anytime you want!! I don't get it - why are there certain times. If I feel like a mango - I'll eat it - I don't wait for a certain time. What protocol is this ?? ?? ??

• 1 decade ago

before eating breakfast lunch or dinner we can eat carrot,radish ,beetroot,cucumber and banana after eating we can eat any kind of fruit but after dinner we cannot eat banana because it is bad for health so be care full thanks

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.