Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsOther - News & Events · 1 decade ago

The recent tornado in Iowa killed 4 Boy Scouts but many were saved. What do you think about the Boy Scouts?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/06/12/severe.we...

The Boy Scouts has received lots of bad press over the past few years. I think this is unfortunate since they do lots of good work with kids..

I wasn't trying to tied the events together. I just think it's a time to reflect on the good the BSA does!

I worked with the scouts while my boys were working on their Eagle. The Boy Scouts to so much good and this tragedy shows how they live their motto - "Be Prepared!" They took care of their own.

The scouts are not homophobes. They have standards that they live by. As a private group they have the right to choose their leaders.

As a leader of a Venture Crew (co-ed), I was privileged to get to know many fine young men AND women. They are working to become great adults.

Like the Catholic Church in years pass these group of fine young men have been misaligned because of a few.Boy Scouts learn and practice many morals and skills that last a life time.This was a horrible thing to have happened.Den mother and sectary 4 years and proud of it!

This a horrible tragedy, plain and simply, and has nothing what-so-ever to do with any bad press the BSA has gotten. I don't know how anyone could link these things together.

EDIT: sorry if I implied that YOU were tying them together. I've seen a few other posts linking this disaster to some kind of divine retribution and was reacting to them.

Being an Eagle Scout myself, I come from a proud line of very patriotic and morally strong men that shape this country. Like the egg, the pressure and heat put on us just makes us stronger.

This is a horrible tragedy. The scouts do so much good in the community. These young men had their lives cut short!

They teach young boys morals and skills they can use later in life. A lot of the bad press they have gotten has been related to the fact they do not allow gays in.

Boy Scouts are awesome.

Source(s): Boy Scout, brother of two Eagle boy scouts

I'm an eagle scout and i see no problem with them not allowing gays or atheists in, it's a private organization and it's a free country.

They really need to stop hiring those gay guys for scout masters!

Exceptional organization!