Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsOther - News & Events · 1 decade ago

The recent tornado in Iowa killed 4 Boy Scouts but many were saved. What do you think about the Boy Scouts?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/06/12/severe.we...

The Boy Scouts has received lots of bad press over the past few years. I think this is unfortunate since they do lots of good work with kids..

Update:

I wasn't trying to tied the events together. I just think it's a time to reflect on the good the BSA does!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

I worked with the scouts while my boys were working on their Eagle. The Boy Scouts to so much good and this tragedy shows how they live their motto - "Be Prepared!" They took care of their own.

The scouts are not homophobes. They have standards that they live by. As a private group they have the right to choose their leaders.

As a leader of a Venture Crew (co-ed), I was privileged to get to know many fine young men AND women. They are working to become great adults.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Like the Catholic Church in years pass these group of fine young men have been misaligned because of a few.Boy Scouts learn and practice many morals and skills that last a life time.This was a horrible thing to have happened.Den mother and sectary 4 years and proud of it!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This a horrible tragedy, plain and simply, and has nothing what-so-ever to do with any bad press the BSA has gotten. I don't know how anyone could link these things together.

EDIT: sorry if I implied that YOU were tying them together. I've seen a few other posts linking this disaster to some kind of divine retribution and was reacting to them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Being an Eagle Scout myself, I come from a proud line of very patriotic and morally strong men that shape this country. Like the egg, the pressure and heat put on us just makes us stronger.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This is a horrible tragedy. The scouts do so much good in the community. These young men had their lives cut short!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They teach young boys morals and skills they can use later in life. A lot of the bad press they have gotten has been related to the fact they do not allow gays in.

• 1 decade ago

Boy Scouts are awesome.

Source(s): Boy Scout, brother of two Eagle boy scouts
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm an eagle scout and i see no problem with them not allowing gays or atheists in, it's a private organization and it's a free country.

• 1 decade ago

They really need to stop hiring those gay guys for scout masters!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Exceptional organization!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.