Which cricketing nation is this???

Here I am, situated in one continent, but member of the cricket council of another. Am a member of the ICC, but am not clarifying whether full/associate/etc. Very little progress in the game since starting it, but with good reason. Almost all my players are/were immigrants to my land. Notably, a major... show more Here I am, situated in one continent, but member of the cricket council of another.
Am a member of the ICC, but am not clarifying whether full/associate/etc.
Very little progress in the game since starting it, but with good reason.
Almost all my players are/were immigrants to my land.

Notably, a major cricketing nation's 'A' team is visiting me soon to boost my cricket development.
Actually, I shall not be meeting them with my national team, but instead with a team that consists of players with a particular qualification from all over the world.
Global players for this team include some from Australia and South Africa.
In fact, one country had objected to my entry into the ICC, and for non cricketing reasons.
Later, in an international tournament in another country, I had faced protests for the same reason.
Am/was coached by another cricketer, one of the greatest his country has produced.

Identify this country using your lateral thinking abilities!!!!
Update: Clue: think China (that's a clue, not the answer)!!!!
Update 2: DEFINITELY not India. China is out of the question(sorry about the lame pun). Not Hong Kong either.
Update 3: All wrong upto Zain's answer. Think China, guys, laterally.
Update 4: Peanut Butter jelly, which country's A team is visiting Hong Kong and how is Hong kong facing them with a team other than their national team?? I knw some of the clues match Hong Kong, but then so does gyanee's answer of Guyana. Also, Hong Kong is in Asia and is a member of the ACC itself. Again, read the... show more Peanut Butter jelly, which country's A team is visiting Hong Kong and how is Hong kong facing them with a team other than their national team?? I knw some of the clues match Hong Kong, but then so does gyanee's answer of Guyana. Also, Hong Kong is in Asia and is a member of the ACC itself. Again, read the question again, the answer is in the Q itself. *China*
Update 5: Nope. Not Phillipines either.
Update 6: Again, Japan is in Asia as well as the ACC.

Okay major clue: How is the Chinese script read?
Update 7: East-Asia Pacific is not another 'continent'. C'mon, I've already given the major clue.
Update 8: Good guess, Ben, but it doesn't match the other criteria.
Update 9: That's right Ben!!!! See if you can answer the remaining points too.
Update 10: PS-did anyone getthe Chinese script clue? What do you get if you read the first alphabet of every sentence, downwards?
Update 11: PS-did anyone get the Chinese script clue? What do you get if you read the first alphabet of every sentence, downwards?
Update 12: PS-did anyone get the Chinese script clue? What do you get if you read the first alphabet of every sentence, downwards?