Do police officers have jurisdiction in intersections with red light cameras?

A police officer gave me a ticket for rolling through a red light on a right turn. (Newport Beach, CA) This intersection has red light cameras, which would have detected this and taken my picture & given me a ticket. But they did not. Does this mean I am off the hook? Does the police officer have a right to... show more A police officer gave me a ticket for rolling through a red light on a right turn. (Newport Beach, CA)

This intersection has red light cameras, which would have detected this and taken my picture & given me a ticket. But they did not.

Does this mean I am off the hook? Does the police officer have a right to give me a ticket, when the camera equipment did not detect that I broke the law?

Does he have jurisdiction to give red light tickets in this intersection?
Update: To clarify, I am asking this question because, sometimes police officers like to give tickets, even where tickets are not due (maybe to meet a "quota"?). Sometimes it is just a matter of the officer's opinion..... The red light camera has high-technology sensors that can tell how fast you're... show more To clarify, I am asking this question because, sometimes police officers like to give tickets, even where tickets are not due (maybe to meet a "quota"?). Sometimes it is just a matter of the officer's opinion.....

The red light camera has high-technology sensors that can tell how fast you're going, if you stop, the timing of the red light, etc. They are designed to follow the letter of the law and to take a picture of any offenders.

I believe that with this technology, it would be safe to say that if it took a picture of me as a violator, then I am a violator. Since it did not take a picture of me, then I am not a violator.

Now, does the police officer have the right to exercise his opinion against a sophisticated piece of equipment as such, and give me a ticket anyways?

I think this would be the equivalent of a police officer "lasering" my speed at 65mph in a 65mph zone, then giving me a ticket anyways because it's his ::opinion:: that I was speeding....
Update 2: btw.... this camera is not just a "traffic camera" I've seen many people run the light and have their picture taken... flash and all. The camera works.....