Removing blender blade?

I have a blender that I am trying to wash. The bottom part, with the blade attached, won't come off. It does come unscrewed at the bottom, but it is stuck. I have tried running hot water (and boiling water) on the seam to loosen things up, but this has been unsuccessful. Any suggestions?

I have tried all these suggestions...any others?

If I understand you correctly, the collar that screws on and holds the blade and gasket to the bottom of the blender jar will screw off, but the blade and gasket are still stuck to the jar.

I would use a butter knife to pry them off carefully. Turn the jar upside down and set it on the counter. Use an oven mitt or pot holder to protect your left hand and pry with your right hand.

If the collar won't unscrew, try filling the jar with ice water to shrink the glass and then rest the collar in hot or boiling water for a minute. The glass should shrink with the cold and the collar will expand with the hot. You should be able to unscrew the collar after a minute or so.

• janice

Just let it sit for a while in some very hot water. That might do it.

slip a putty knife between the seal and the glass...