Ted
Lv 5
Ted asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 1 decade ago

Do you think anyone will ever beat Alan Shearer's goal record in the Prem?

With the musical chairs transfers of the modern game?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • mal
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

definitely.......

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I was saying the other day that for most of us [United fans], ribbing Alan Shearer is just banter. I think that most people know that he is generally a good guy, and it's just football p*ss taking. Having said that, there are some people who would fight over it, but they're just scumbags, I don't think they represent the majority. However, he's certainly not the best footballer ever in the Premiership. I don't think he'd be in the top 10. And Fergie wanted him in 97, but if we'd bought Shearer we may well not have had Dwight Yorke, Teddy Sherringham or Ruud Van Nistelrooy, so in retrospect I'm happy he didn't come.

• 1 decade ago

Alan Shearers record in the Prem? Listen mate there was football before the Prem with loads of strikes with much better records

• 1 decade ago

No i don';t think so, because those i can think of that will/may stay in the league aren't capable of 20 -30 every season to equal/ beat his record.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

dream on Dixie Dean scored 60 goals in one season for Everton

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Fernando Torres, best striker to grace the PL in recent years.

:)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would say Ronaldo if he stays at United will do it and also Torres will have a great chance if he stays at Liverpool for a while.

• 1 decade ago

yes,cristiano ronaldo,he scored one of the most greatest individual performance last season,and players improve every season so watch out alan shearer

• 1 decade ago

2 players who could of,Henry & Michael Owen,i don't know what is Owen's situation,hes struggling for form & fitness will never be back to his old best..i think Torres could!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no, because of exactly as you say. even the strikers in the top four are looking elsewhere.

• 1 decade ago

torres is the best striker in the premiership as long as bentiz stops rotating he will do it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.