How to solve HTTP 501/ HTTP 505 error ?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
- Anonymous1 decade ago
This error could be caused by 3rd party software interfering with Internet Explorer, or by the use of the HTTP 1.1 or newer protocol.
To workaround this issue:
01. Open Internet Explorer.
02. Use the Tools menu to press Internet Options.
03. Select the Advanced tab.
04. Clear the HTTP 1.1 box.
05. Press Apply and OK.
06. If this settings change resolves the issue, exit this procedure.
07. Open Internet Explorer.
08. Use the Tools menu to press Internet Options.
09. Select the Advanced tab.
10. Clear the Show friendly HTTP error messages box.
11. Press Apply and OK.
12. When viewing the problem page, you should receive a more descriptive error message, similar to:
HTTP version not supported by <ProgramName>.
13. Either remove <ProgramName> to see if this resolves the problem, or contact the manufacturer about a fix.
NOTE: The HTTP 1.1 protocol is newer than HTTP 1.0. Some sites may still use HTTP 1.0, causing problems if you enable HTTP 1.1.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
This issue may occur if either of the following conditions exist:
•A third-party product is interfering with Internet Explorer.
•The HTTP 1.1 setting is enabled.
To resolve this issue: 1. In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
2.In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
3.Click to clear the HTTP 1.1 check box, and then click OK.
4.Test to determine if the issue is resolved. If the issue is resolved, do not complete the remaining steps. If the issue is not resolved, go to the next step.
5.In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
6.In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
7.Click to clear the Show friendly HTTP error messages check box.
8.Try to view a Web page to reproduce the error message and to receive a new, more descriptive error message. This new error message may be similar to the following:
HTTP version not supported by program name.
Note the name of the program in this new error message.
9.The program name that you noted in step 8 may be the cause of this issue. Either remove this program, or contact the manufacturer of the program to inquire about the availability of a fix for this issue.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- KatherineLv 44 years ago
It's a worldwide service disruption. Remember to always check the answers first, as this question has been asked many times already. Ever since youtube put the ability to livestream, this keeps happening. If a large livestream event happens on youtube it can crash the entire system.