How can Barney Frank stand there and lie and get away with it?

OK, folks, put away your partisan hats, on both sides, for a minute. Forget the merits or demerits of the bailout plan. My question is this: It is indisputable fact that Democrats hold a majority in the House. If every Democrat had voted Yea and every Republican, Nay, the measure would have passed. It was... show more OK, folks, put away your partisan hats, on both sides, for a minute. Forget the merits or demerits of the bailout plan. My question is this:

It is indisputable fact that Democrats hold a majority in the House. If every Democrat had voted Yea and every Republican, Nay, the measure would have passed. It was clealrly a bi-partisan rejection, with 94 Democrats voting it down. So how can Barney Frank get up in front of the cameras and blame Republicans for the defeat, claiming that they had their noses out of joint over some comments Pelosi made, and get away with it with the American people?