You gotta have faith, faith, faith...?

when I was living as a christian, if I was faced with a difficult question about my beliefs, I would say that it requires faith. I've noticed that the same answer is given a lot here too. So, have any of you ever had faith is something that never came to pass, or in something that you believed to be right, but... show more when I was living as a christian, if I was faced with a difficult question about my beliefs, I would say that it requires faith. I've noticed that the same answer is given a lot here too. So, have any of you ever had faith is something that never came to pass, or in something that you believed to be right, but was wrong? I have. I had faith that my brother would recover when people told me that God told them that he would be healed. He didn't get healed and ended up dying......even though I, my family, and a couple hundred other people had faith that he would live, he didn't. I learned that just because I had faith in something didn't make it so. I came to realize that that was only one example out of many in my life. My faith is gone.
Update: Huggy, I haven't pleased him for several years.
Update 2: Joe, where does the verse that talks about having the faith as a grain of mustard seed and telling a mountain to cast itself into the sea come into play with what you said?
Update 3: jojo, the point I'm trying to make is that even though you have faith in something, that doesn't make it true. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something about faith?