Confused about all the new gadgets out there – can someone help me out?

I feel so ancient about all the newer high-tech devices/services out there. Is there a website that describes what newer technology is out there or can someone please spare a few minutes to inform me of all the gadgets & services pertaining to: music, tv, etc. Even if you could tell me about 1 gadget or service... show more I feel so ancient about all the newer high-tech devices/services out there. Is there a website that describes what newer technology is out there or can someone please spare a few minutes to inform me of all the gadgets & services pertaining to: music, tv, etc. Even if you could tell me about 1 gadget or service I would be grateful.

I’m curious about Ipods but haven’t learned more about them. Can you use them to get free music? What are an ipod’s advantages? How about one’s experience w/ video recording equipment like DVRs, or I’ve heard there’s a TV tuner you can buy & record from your pc. ?

BTW, I’m not an old person, just one who has lived w/ older technology & just want to be sure I’m not really missing out on anything spectacular. I’m usually not interested in monthly subscription services, like cable TV or Tivo.
2 answers 2