souj asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

how to reduce .mp3 file size without effecting the quality?

i want to reduce the size of some songs without cutting short the song or hampering its quality too much .........

how can i do this ???

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

download format factory

http://www.formatoz.com/

then convert the file to low quality . that will compress the songs and keep the sound quality intact.

• Phillip7 years agoReport

good looking bro

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can change the bitrate using a tool, perhaps even in Winamp. Reducing the bitrate will reduce the size of the file, but also the quality of the sound. It depends how well trained your ears are, a small reduction might not have any noticeable effect.

• 1 decade ago

you cannot.

you cannot reduce .mp3 filesize without effecting the quality.

if on your computer you can compress with winzip, winrar or other softwares but if you intend to put on mobile devices , they won't work.

The best thing to do is reduce bitrate (normally 192 or 128 to somewhere around 64kbps.) you will have decreased the size as well as the quality but you will notice the change in quality only if you are carefully listening on a home theater or a 5.1 surround sound. on mobiles or desktop speakers, you will not notice the change in quality.

for programs to decrease the bit rate, you have many like winamp, mp3 converters etc.

• 4 years ago

Compress Mp3

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 years ago

I second Scotty. Just download Audacity and open the file and from file menu choose "Export" choose the name and type which is mp3. let all other settings be on default....(let me tell you) the default bitrate is 128 which will not much dither the quality however the size will be reduced nearly 40-50%

• 6 years ago

I use ACID Xpress free version. choose 22,050 Hz as sample rate setting. This works even for already compressed MP3's that die when reducing sample rate in Audacity. File size reduces upto 60%. Volume got less though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

use itunes and go into preferences and select advanced/importing.

select :

AAC 128

then right click your song in the itunes library (File >Add file to library )

and click (convert selection to AAC)

the reason its better to have it in AAC is because it takes less space but still has all the quality of an mp3.

i hope this helps, seeya

Source(s): 14 year old boy...me !
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If it's already compressed your screwed

If it's not you can use windows movie maker to compress it. Theres software out there for it that will be better. But it's kinda like mech

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Download a program called Audicity, pretty sure you can compress them with this

• Arya
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

there r lot of softwre present in web .search and install it.Boss it will effect the quality little bit but it is negligible.

search in google you will get a lot of software.or search in forums.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.