Why do Christians eat pork when the Bible explicitly prohibits doing so?

Just check out LEVITICUS, chapter 11, verse 7-8. It reads: "Also the pig, because it is a splitter of the hoof and a former of a cleft in the hoof, but it itself does not chew the cud. It is unclean for you. You must not eat any of their flesh, and you must not touch their dead body. They are unclean to... show more Just check out LEVITICUS, chapter 11, verse 7-8. It reads:
"Also the pig, because it is a splitter of the hoof and a former of a cleft in the hoof, but it itself does not chew the cud. It is unclean for you. You must not eat any of their flesh, and you must not touch their dead body. They are unclean to you."

So why do the majority of Americans (80% of which are Christians) eat Pork??
Update: I'm asking this because I don't eat pork and shellfish because of health reasons. They are considered scavenger animals, or the cleaners of the earth (they are able to eat garbage/waste).