Do.. witches/wiccans really keep a Book Of Shadows?

I'm reading a series called Sweep, and in the books, witches keep a Book Of Shadows. Do people do that in real life? If so, do you have to be a real.. witch or wiccan to keep it? Or would i have to study wicca and witchcraft for a year and a day, to officially call it a book of shadows ?? Thanks in Advance... show more I'm reading a series called Sweep, and in the books, witches keep a Book Of Shadows.
Do people do that in real life?
If so, do you have to be a real.. witch or wiccan to keep it? Or would i have to study wicca and witchcraft for a year and a day, to officially call it a book of shadows
??
Thanks in Advance [:

And.. just to let you know, please dont get offended by this question somehow. I'm just curious, I know that i should'nt believe what books and movies say about the craft, but I'm just wondering if people do really have a Book of Shadows....