Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

I downloaded Apple Mac OS X Leopard iso file which is 7.5 GB. But it extracts only Bootcamp 403MB. What is it?

I downloaded Apple Mac OS X Leopard iso file which is 7.5 GB. But when I open that file with my burner or try to extract it, it shows only 403 MB. I made a disk and it has a setup of Bootcamp. What is it? Is it the whole Mac? Do I need to install only that. Plus it asks for XP or Vista. I use Windows 7. Plz help !!

• Hunk

Boot Camp is a utility included with Apple Inc.'s Mac OS X v10.5 "Leopard" operating system that assists users in installing Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Vista on Intel-based Macintosh computers. Boot Camp guides users through non-destructive re-partitioning (including resizing of an existing HFS+ partition, if necessary) of their hard disk drive and using the Mac OS X Leopard disc to install Windows drivers. In addition to device drivers for the hardware, the disc includes an applet for the Windows control panel for selecting the boot operating system.

to install os x leopord

http://www.ehow.com/how_2111099_install-mac-osx-le...

Vista is a joke; far too many problems it! I'm very annoyed because I paid so much money for a half-baked product. I bought a MacBook a couple of weeks ago, upgraded to Leopard a few days ago and I absolutely love it! I used to think Mac users were just BS'ing when they said Macs "just work", but it really is true. I've used Windows all my life but I'm glad I've finally seen the light. OS X is the future; I will only use vista at work because I have no choice.