What does this sanskrit chant mean?Please translate into english and also how is the chant written in sanskrit?

Prasanna vadanam saubhaagyadam bhamagyadam

Hastaabhyam abhayapradam maniganair Nanavidhair bhushitam ' What does it mean? How is written in sanskrit?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

I think you have taken a few lines from a Maha Lakshmi sloka that I also had read but could not recollect exact name of sloka. The particular stanza from which you have picked the words starts with "Vande padmakaraam prasanna vadhanaam.." I give below the bland meaning for the lines given by you:

Vandhe padmakaraam - (I) bow to the one holding the lotus in her hands;

Prasanna vadanam - (keeping a) pleasant (smiling) face;

saubhaagyatham,

bhagyathaam - source of superior and secular (auspicious) good things;

hasthaabyaam

abhayapradam - (one of the four) hand held in "abhaya" (gesturing not to fear) posture;

maniganair nanavidhair

bhushithaam.. - decorated with varieties of gems..

The particular verse describes the Divine Mother Lakshmi (bestower of all wealth) smilingly bestowing auspiciousness - both spiritual and mundane - and holding the palm in the gesture of assurance of protection.. looking beautiful with ornamental decoration etc

I could not recall if the particular verse occurs in Sri Adi Sankara's Kanagadhara stotra or in Sri Sthuthi composed by the great Vaishnavite composer Venkatacharya respectfully called as Vedantha Desigar by vadakalai vaishanvas or in some other sloka.

You can get the sloka books from any local religious book shop. Books in original samskrit with english libis (transliteration) and meanings are available which you can obtain and study.

Source(s): Sri Ramakrishna Mutt publishes several sloka books as also the ISKON (vaishnavite books) and others like Tirupathi Devasthanam publications etc also print books of this kind. Make enquiries in their local centres for info
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does this sanskrit chant mean?Please translate into english and also how is the chant written in sanskrit?

Prasanna vadanam saubhaagyadam bhamagyadam

Hastaabhyam abhayapradam maniganair Nanavidhair bhushitam ' What does it mean? How is written in sanskrit?

Source(s): sanskrit chant translate english chant written sanskrit: https://biturl.im/BDrgU
  • 4 years ago

Prasanna Vadana

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

In English the meaning of जीवनं सुंदरमस्ति is "Life is Beautiful."

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

As far as i know, this is a prayer to the lord to present you with impressive speech (prasanna vadanam), luck and intellect. You are also asking god to present you with courage in your palms and other kinds of good qualities(ornaments-bhushitam).

• 1 decade ago

this is a blessing wishing you all the wealth and happiness in life.any speicific reason you are looking for a word to word translation

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avxfc

jeevanam: life sundaram: beautiful asti: is

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.