Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

Please take this public opioion poll about parental lack in kids education?

Please put your race and your age rank. 18 and under, 19-50, 51 and up

1.) Did/Do your parents keep/kept books in the house?

2.) How are your/was your parents when it came/come to your school work?

3.) Do/Did your parents help and check your homework?

Favorite Answer

My parents..

1. Yes they just gathered dust.

2.They were too busy working,"thats what teachers are for"

3.No just signed it.

Me as a parent. New-Zealander 37yrs

1. Yes books are read and used for research for my kids projects

2. I am actively involved in helping my kids with their homework.

3. I check my kids homework and encourage them to achieve to the best of their abilities.

Source(s): Chill KAT....That was my parents attitute towards homework...Not mine....
  • .

White, 19 - 50

1.) Did/Do your parents keep/kept books in the house? Yes, many.

2.) How are your/was your parents when it came/come to your school work? Homework was done before playtime when I was a kid. When I was in college, assignments were always done and turned in on time.

3.) Do/Did your parents help and check your homework? I don't remember ever asking my parents for help, but then I was a pretty decent student. They surely would have if I'd requested it. I got good grades and don't recall them checking my homework...but that was long ago and I might be misremembering.

• dacruz

I certainly have 5 little ones. I take the ladies folk who're 8 and 10 interior the bathing room with me. i began out letting the three boys flow into the bathing room without an grownup around 12 on my own. I nevertheless stand by potential of the door although and that i dont care what others think of. A 13yr. previous female became raped in a community bathing room right here and not a soul heard a factor. My older boys are sixteen and 15 they flow mutually. I dont think of a grown women people could use a public bathing room on my own. I heavily am organisation on the gang bathing room factor.

• Kara

18. Caucasian.

1. Yes.

2. They tried to be as supportive, but the both weren't the best in the math department, or foreign language.

3. They only did when I was younger. As I grew older, I started "checking" it myself.

White English, Under 18

1) I have lots of books but my mum never reads books but she reads newspapers. My dad does read books

2) My mum is really bothered about me getting and completing homework but my dad is against the idea of homework

3) My parents try to help me if I ask them but if I need help I ussually go online. They never check my homework

White, 18 and under.

1.) Yes, but never read them, and Im not forced to.

2.) In the beggining ( Like K-5 ) they were helping me alot, but later on I just figured stuff out on my own

3.) Same as #2.

White, 26

1.) yes my parents always had a plethora of available reading material.

2.)I was given money for good grades, so I always had good grades.

3.)My mom always checked my work. And both parents were ready to help if I needed it.

Caucasian...27

Always books in my house.

I had to do my homework before i could go out or get on the phone.

yes my parents checked my home work.

This is why I graduated from college with a 3.8 GPA

Source(s): NO Jeni teachers are for teaching not babysitting and they are not mothers to you kids.

Black and 37.

1) Yes; my parents did and so do my wife and I for our children. In fact, I want more books in the house.

2) We are just like our parents, and very involved in our children's school work, except we have more patience...or we try to.

3) Of course to both.

caucasian/native american. 19-50.

1. yes

2. they made sure I completed it and emphasized the importance of education in bettering your station in life--both financially and socially.

3. they did until I advanced past their level of comprehension. at that point they were no longer able to help me with the work. they could only make sure I did it and that I had access to the tools I needed to learn.