Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 1 decade ago

OMG!!! WHY do all these Indian people think that Indian women can not get remarried after divorced in India?

Please people this is 2009. WOMEN IN INDIA PLEASE DO YOURSELF & EVERYONE ELSE A FAVOR. WHEN AN INDIAN MAN FROM USA (BORN AND RAISED) COMES TO VISIT IN INDIA. DONT BE SO STUPID TO SAY YES, TO MARRY A MAN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!! SAVE YOURSELF THE DRAMA IF YOU CAN'T GET REMARRIED SO EASY THERE. WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL. I PITTY YOU POOR WOMEN FOR FALLING FOR US MEN & THINKING IT WILL WORK OUT WITH A PERSON YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. THEN WONDER WHY HE WANTS A DIVORCE!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!

• Ashiya
    Favorite Answer

Ok, first of all many Indian women do get remarried but my question is, why would they want to after going thru all that? Single life is much better, but still if you feel like you really want to get married, try and wait as long as possible to do it, like mid 30's, at least you had a chance to enjoy your life and if things go bad after marriage you at least have those memories to ponder over after sending him to sleep on the sofa, lol

Source(s): just my sarcastic opinion about marriage
  • Raaji

Ok, I agree with you to some extent.

Marriages do happen mostly because of the green card the other person has. However, not all situations are like that. Divorce rates are high everywhere, and it's not only "Indian people" who are divorcing each other.

The arranged marriage is a custom, that has been followed for many hundreds of years, but it hasn't been the same all throughout. Times have changed and so have marriages. People are now choosing their partners, and are taking action if they are unhappy with its outcome. Yes, they can still remarry after having a divorce. At least, that is what I think can happen in the urban areas. Things are different in the rural areas, where honor, pride, and respect matter above everything else.

Frankly, it should be none of our business. It's their life. They can do whatever they want with it.

• Mary

your indian boyfriend's ( raised in usa) parents are from india and mostly from northern india i guess. out there they take dowry from the brides family. dowry means money, a lot and lot of money to your boyfriend's family. and usually in india as i know , in their culture its the parents who look for the guy because they feel its the right way to do and thats why india has very few divorce rate. they usually look for a guy who is wells settled. and out there once you marry , man and women are supposed to be faithfull. eg: i am sure ur bf's mom and dad have married only once in their life time. when a girl is divorced she can no longer marry another guy because she is no longer virgin. no man will marry a girl who is lost her verginity out there. but for a men this case is an exception and men can get remarried after divorce. world and its different culture... now coming to ur case, ur guy should have had brains before marrying that poor girl. why be a scape goat in the hands of parents?? wasn't he above 18 years to refuse their decission?? was it all planned together?? thats the question.. and you know what you should tarvel the world girl, sitting out here in US and talking about other culture and country is not as easy as you think. travel ... you will know the world and meet better people.

using caps in internet is shouting at people. so please don't shout. It means arrogance.

To your question - Who told you that Indian women should not re marry? Please do have a look at the matrimonial columns on the dailies, visit the matrimonial websites and you will find 100's of ads from women who are either widow / divorcee. Wake up and do learn about India and its culture. Develop your general knowledge and don't think that a person from US is a person come down from heaven. India has a much better and decent culture than what is in any other country.

mind u some selfish guys marry us innocent women from US, Uk to get visa and dump us and go. it really sucks. I am an NRI but true Indian from heart and i got married to an indian boy as I wanted my children to have values from my country. my stupid husband turned out to be a liar and cheat. I am Indian and i would advise other women do not waste ur time over these cheaters. ofcourse Indian women remarry too.

Who told you that indian women cannot get remarried after divorce. You are misinformed.

NO I DO NOT THINK THAT INDIAN WOMEN CAN NOT REMARRIED AFTER DIVORCED

oh hny, are you okay? Have someone betrayed you? Please calm down. Yes, you can get re-married. Dont worry, everything will be fine....