• 250 gm Chicken, boiled and minced
• 500 gm Plain wheat flour/maida
• 2 Onions, chopped
• 1 Inch ginger, chopped
• 2 Green chilli, chopped
• 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 tsp Soya sauce
• Salt to taste
• 1 tbsp Oil
How to make Chicken Momos:
• Combine flour, oil and salt in a bowl, mix well.
• Add water to make it a soft dough.
• Chop green chillies, onions, garlic and ginger.
• Combine them with minced chicken.
• Add soya sauce to it and mix well, set aside.
• Make small balls from the dough.
• Roll them into a small round and put 1 tsp of the filling in the middle.
• Seal it and steam in a momo steamer.
• Steam it for about 20 minutes.
• Serve Chicken Momos with tomato-garlic sauce.
I know garlic tomato sauce recipe which is excellent with moms:
1 Large Onion, finely chopped
4 Cloves Garlic, crushed As always, adjust garlic according to taste
1 Glass Dry White Wine How big a glass is up to you!
14oz (400gm) Tin Chopped Tomatoes
1 Tbsp Tomato Puree (paste)
1 Tbsp Dried Mixed Herbs
1 tsp Lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper
Heat a little oil in a pan and cook the onion for a few minutes until softened. Add the crushed garlic and cook for another minute.
Pour in the wine, turn up the heat and reduce the volume by about half. Turn down the heat, add the other ingredients and stir well. Use salt and pepper according to taste.
Turn the heat down to absolute minimum and cook the sauce gently for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
The tomato garlic sauce should now be the right consistency to serve with pasta. If you want to use it as a ketchup or a dip then cook for a few minutes more to make it slightly thicker.
Serve the garlic tomato sauce warm or allow to cool then store in the fridge to use as a ketchup or a garlicky tomato dip.
If you dont want to use wine you might not use it.