seema n asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How many almonds a 4 years old child can have?

My daughter is 4.5 years old. I give her 3 to 4 almonds per day. Is it harmful if she eats more than 1 or 2 almonds? What is the minimum number of almonds she can have at this age?

Update:

I am asking the minimum number of almonds to be given because i heared that giving more than one almond at this age and especially in summer seaon will create heat in the body. So please mention the number of almonds to be given. Thanks

Update 2:

Yes I give her after soaking them overnight

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

thats a biggest myth that has been passed on to us by our parents that eating almonds or eggs in summer is harmful. NO. U can give ur kids even upto 6 almonds per day but soaked in water. let her have anything she wants like almonds , raisin , cashews anything.(not too much in quantity but eating 2-3 more never harms. and let her eat whatever she likes. afterall its food only and not medicines that may over react. we as parents always tend to put more restriction on our child's eating habits but we always forget our times. so let her free and trust me she will grow in much healthy way.

• 3 years ago

How Many Almonds A Day

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Raw almonds need to be soaked in water. They need to get puffy for adults and children as well.

There are enzyme inhibitors in Almonds until they are soaked. When soaked, the enzymes are released for ease of digestion and this prevents gas.

Most people don't know this stuff, so it sounds weird, but it's true.

Organic almonds in the states are going through an FDA mandate to pasterize or super heat them, which renders the almonds useless in nutritional value.

So, I have to buy imported organic almonds. Soak them, eat them, mix them in smoothies.

My daughter laughed at me writing this right now, she said... Love them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

assuming you mean maximum number of almonds in a day, i would like to state that as long as you aren't over feeding the child in terms of snacking, any number of almonds are okay. However you should note that almonds don't replace meals

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Nintendo is the best Family Friendly gaming system. There is plenty of games that are appropriate for his age group and also for you and your wife. Leapster is also a great gaming system for kids of that age about playing games while learning. I grew up with a computer so I had so many CD-ROM games but once my friends introduced me to Nintendo, it was kid-friendly and I had a bit of habit of not putting it down. You say that he only picked it 3 times maybe because there is no game that interests him at the time. I say talk to him about how he feels about it and if he would like a game and you can pick the right kind. Just to let you know make sure to place some ground rules with him when he is older, Nintendo is sort of the gateway video game to all the other ones that get a bit violent and addicting. All was talk to your wife about it as well even though she hates the idea but tell her what you are thinking hear each other out then decide

• 3 years ago

am giving my 4 year old 7 almonds n 1 walnut daily

• ashish
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

please give 2 almonds a day its enough

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.