Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 1 decade ago

regarding hepatomegaly steatosis?

do hepatomegaly cause serious problems do it is a fatal disease?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

It is not fatal. It means that your liver is enlarging because of fat deposits in it. It is not fatal but warrants serious attention. It may lead to cirrhosis which is an end stage of liver disease or it may even lead to CA in some cases if you don't take care of your liver. This stage is manageable. If your drinking alcohol, stop it. Loose weight. Control diet. Check your medications if it has adverse effects on the liver. Better consult a gastroenterologist so you get a better perspective on this disease entity.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • sheets
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Hepatomegaly With Steatosis

• 3 years ago

Hepatomegaly With Hepatic Steatosis

• 1 decade ago

Hepatic steatosis, also called steatosis, or fatty liver can be a temporary or long-term condition, which is not harmful itself, but may indicate some other type of problem. Left untreated, it can contribute to other illnesses. It is usually reversible once the cause of the problem is diagnosed and corrected.

The liver is the organ responsible for changing fats eaten in the diet to types of fat that can be stored and used by the body. Triglycerides are one of the forms of fat stored by the body and used for energy and new cell formation. The break down of fats in the liver can be disrupted by alcoholism, malnutrition, pregnancy, or poisoning. In fatty liver, large droplets of fat, containing mostly triglycerides, collect within cells of the liver. The condition is generally not painful and may go unnoticed for a long period of time. In severe cases, the liver can increase to over three times its normal size and may be painful and tender.

Hepatic steatosis or Fatty liver is usually reversible if recognized and treated. There may be some long-term tendency toward other types of liver problems depending on how long and how severe the fatty liver condition was.

Treatment involves correcting the condition that caused fatty liver and providing supportive care. In fatty liver caused by alcoholism, the treatment is to give up drinking alcohol and to eat a healthy, well balanced diet. In fatty liver associated with pregnancy, the recommended treatment is to deliver the baby, if the pregnancy is far enough along. Vitamin and mineral supplements along with nutritional support may be useful.

You should talk to your doctor for more details.

Take care as always!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mary
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/3LOQ2

1. What are your characters to you? How do you feel about them? What do you feel about the other opinions? I feel like they are characters portrayed by actors in a show. There's a story to be told, and they are people that don't exist, that don't necessarily act PRECISELY like a real person... but close enough that a reader will be fooled into thinking they are realistic. ----- 2. When reading, do you see characters as interesting plot-devices or living breathing people? Or something else? It depends on the story. Ender Wiggin feels like a real person while Harry Potter feels more like a very good caricature. ---- 3. Have you written about any characters with mental disabilities/personality disorders/mental issues...? How did you find it? Nothing extreme. Just simple things like ADD, dyslexia, anxiety. Nothing like bipolar or schizophrenia or OCD. ---- 4. How similar are your characters to yourself or the people around you? Do you base any characters on friends? I have one character who is sort of like me when I was younger. Most of them don't have a "real person" inspiration. I'm going to be pursuing publication, so I'm not interested in worrying about whether or not someone will see themselves in my villain. ----- 5. Do you ever feel like your characters are 'going out of character'? All the time. I'm pretty horrible with characterization. They are either all me or totally flat. Or a caricature/stereotype of a person.

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

regarding hepatomegaly steatosis?

do hepatomegaly cause serious problems do it is a fatal disease?

Source(s): hepatomegaly steatosis: https://tr.im/FHV50
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.